The degree program curriculum is 40 credit hours consisting of courses in the following areas:
- Social psychology
- Organizational psychology
- Diversity issues in HR
- Group dynamics
- Change leadership
- Facilitation of diversity issues
- Effective Conflict management in diverse workplaces
- Organizational assessment
All courses are taught with special attention to developing culturally competent leaders. Students also participate in experiences designed to allow them to:
- Develop their own self-awareness and competence
- Engage in and support productive and innovate workplace discussion
- Resolve the challenges associated with diversity
DMP faculty assists students in choosing between a thesis, action research or comprehensive exams as their exit requirement, depending upon their career goals.
NEW! A Graduate Certificate for people who already have an advanced degree. This consists of 18 credits: the core courses in the program.
DMP is structured executive MBA-style, in a three-day sequence once monthly, with a rigorous schedule online activities and assignments in between classes. Courses are team-taught and the student teacher ratio is roughly 1 to 5. The practicum and thesis are done in the second year of the program. The master's degree 22 months.
Program instructors are Cleveland State University faculty and professional diversity management consultants.