Developing culturally competent leaders for a global world
CERTIFYING DIVERSITY PROFESSIONALS FOR 18 YEARS!!
AN AFFORDABLE, BEST-IN-CLASS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM FOR MID-CAREER ADULTS
Featuring a skill-focused and dynamic curriculum, The DMP creates leaders who are prepared to tackle the critical challenges of a 21st century global economy. The program is the leading voice in providing up-to-date leadership development content that is research-based and user friendly.
South Euclid's Community Service Director, Keith Benjamin, and DMP Program Director Lisa Gaynier discuss the need for culturally competent leadership and communication training for public officials and first responders to Newsnet5! (click on picture to play video)
DEVELOP THESE CULTURALLY INTELLIGENT LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Executive presence
- Global cultural skills
- Enhanced self confidence
- Self and social awareness
- Emotional regulation
- Learning agility
- Leverage change
- Mitigate the risks of change
- Highly effective conflict management
- Use of self as a strategic tool
- Resilience in the face of constant change
- Capacity to cope with ambiguity
- Willingness to engage with others who are different
LEARN HOW TO:
- Turn challenges into opportunity
- Manage effectively up, and across the organizational chart
- Understand the influence of other cultures on team performance
- Use team member differences to increase creativity, productivity and job satisfaction
- Leverage normal resistance to implement new products, processes and strategies
- Navigate the gray areas of any issue
- Create work climates that increase productivity
MANAGE EFFECTIVELY IN GLOBAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENTS
Founded in 1998 in partnership with business leaders of the Cleveland Roundtable, the Diversity Management Program (DMP) is the first and only master’s degree in the country that combines cultural competence and leadership development.
Program participants develop and enhance leadership skills for guiding large and small companies, government agencies and nonprofits. Participants develop the presence and critical change leadership and cultural competence skills necessary to successfully lead organizations.
Through classroom instruction, hands-on learning experiences and practical real-world application, participants learn the essentials of harnessing group dynamics and conflict for innovation, and strategically managing competing interests.
The DMP combines the rigorous challenge of scholastic discipline with hands on real-world skill development. Bottom line, the program creates globally savvy leaders for today and tomorrow.
To help professionals acquire these skills, Cleveland State University offers a Master’s degree in Diversity Management (DMP) and a Graduate Certificate (18 credits) for professionals who already hold an advanced degree. Successful graduates also earn certification as Diversity Professionals (CDP). Working with experienced faculty and top professionals, participants gain the skills to manage change, solve problems and meet the challenges presented by diverse employees, clients and markets.
A list of courses can be found in the Graduate Catalog.