DEVELOPING CULTURALLY COMPETENT LEADERS WHO CAN LEAD AND SUSTAIN CHANGE!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERIES
Effective Conflict Management in Diverse Workplaces, July 7-9
This course deals with conflict behaviors at the interpersonal, group and organizational level. Participants will explore conflict, its manifestation in organizations and groups, its management and its resolution. Concepts such as conflict styles, trust, power, perception, motivation, inclusion, decision-making and leadership will be investigated. The goal is to 1) acquire a deeper understanding of these dynamics, 2) to develop your observation skills, and 3) learn intervention strategies that improve your competence and effectiveness in your leadership role.
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Develop competent understanding of different types of conflict and their characteristics in interpersonal interactions, within an organizational context and across cultural differences.
- Gain exposure to foundational theories of conflict, conflict management, become familiar with key studies of the relationship between diversity and conflict.
- Move from experience of conflict to understanding of theories of conflict, at the intra-psychic, inter-personal, group and organizational level.
- Further develop your SELF knowledge, and your presence as leader.
- Develop multicultural competence for effective supervision of and interactions with diverse people.
Who Should Attend
Any mid-level and above organizational leader who will be responsible for managing and leading a diverse workforce.
CALL 216.687.2587 OR EMAIL US @
diversityprogram@CSUOHIO.EDU FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER