DEVELOPING CULTURALLY COMPETENT LEADERS WHO CAN LEAD AND SUSTAIN CHANGE!
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERIES
Diversity Issues in Human Resources, Sept 15-17 & Nov 3-5
This course focuses on the knowledge, awareness and skills needed to work effectively as a Diversity Manager with a Human Resources Department. Topics include: recruitment, interviewing, selection, retention, mentoring, the court system, employment laws, investigation techniques, records retention, policies and international diversity issues. Various experts comprise the teaching faculty for this class. The information will be presented in a lecture format followed by simulations, structured experiences, and small group discussions. The goal of this class is for each participant to acquire the knowledge and skill needed to be a valuable resource to an organization regarding diversity issues in the field of human resources.
- Knowledge of diversity issues regarding recruitment, interviewing, selection, retention and mentoring.
- Knowledge of court system and the laws affecting diversity issues in employment.
- Understand how to evaluate and enhance policies regarding diversity issues.
- Understand record retention issues and how this field impacts responding to charges and complaints.
- Knowledge of how to conduct an effective investigation into a charge or complaint.
- Understand the components in responding to OCRC/EEOC complaints.
- Knowledge of harassment issues.
- Understand civility issues and their relation to harassment.
- Understand basic international diversity issues.
Who Should Attend
Any mid-level and above organizational leader who will be responsible for managing and leading a diverse workforce.
CALL 216.687.2587 OR EMAIL US @
diversityprogram@CSUOHIO.EDU FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER