After you are registered and enrolled in your first semester at Cleveland State, you continue building a relationship with the team of advisors assigned to you. Who is My Advisor describes who your advisors are. You should meet regularly with your advisors. During your advising appointment your advisor will discuss courses you’re taking, courses that you need to take and plans you have for professional school admission.
Making the Most of your Advising Appointment
- Make an appointment with your pre-professional advisor.
- Prepare for the advising appointment:
- Conduct a Degree Audit, and write down a list of classes you’d like to take in the semesters ahead (http://www.csuohio.edu/enrollmentservices/registrar/degreeaudit/).
- Review the materials that are relevant to your situation, including: Undergraduate Catalog with course descriptions and prerequisites; Course Schedule for a general idea of when classes are offered.
- Admissions information from the professional schools that interest you. Even if you are a first semester freshman, it is never too early to review this information.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the advisor and also be prepared to answer some questions about your goals and your academic progress.
- Please be on time for your appointment, and call in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Dentistry and Pre-Veterinary Medicine Students should work with their pre-professional advisor to discuss their co-curricular activities and the nature of a competitive professional school application. The Coordinator of Pre-professional Medical Programs can be reached at 216.687-9321.