After you are registered and enrolled in your first semester at Cleveland State, you continue building a relationship with the team of advisors assigned to you. Who is My Advisor describes who your advisors are. You should meet regularly with your advisors. During your advising appointment your advisor will discuss courses you’re taking, courses that you need to take and plans you have for professional school admission.
Making the Most of your Pre-Professional Advising Appointment
- Make an appointment with your Brittany Wampler, Coordinator for Pre-Professional Health Programs, through Starfish or by calling the College of Sciences and Health Professions at 216-687-9321.
- Prepare for the advising appointment:
- Assess where you are currently with your GPA and GPA goals and your experiences.
- There is no set agenda for a meeting with Pre-Professional Health Programs. Other than the first meeting, it is up to you to decide when to come in, what to discuss, and make sure that you have an understanding of your pre-professional program.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the coordinator and also be prepared to answer some questions about your goals and your academic progress.
- Please be on time for your appointment, and call in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy and Pre-Veterinary Students should work with their pre-professional advisor to discuss their co-curricular activities and the nature of a competitive professional school application. The Coordinator of Pre-Professional Health Programs can be reached at 216-687-9321.