The courses listed on the Prerequisites Table fulfill the prerequisites set forth by the Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). Completion of the prerequisite courses is required for acceptance into the NEOMED Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program, which is administered on the NEOMED campus is Rootstown, Ohio. Other admissions requirements are as follows:
- Expected grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (minimum GPA considered is 2.5)
- Expected grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 in all math and science courses
- A minimum 50% percentile score on the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT)
- A grade of “C-” or better in all required courses
- Apply by NEOMED's partnership deadline found here: NEOMED Application Process
In addition to the parameters listed above, NEOMED is looking for candidates who display a high degree of interest in the profession of pharmacy, as indicated by their extracurricular activities. In addition, candidates who display maturity, leadership skills and abilities, community service and volunteer activities, and work experiences (especially pharmacy or health-related work or professional shadowing experiences) are also highly desirable.
Applications to NEOMED are processed via the Pharmacy College Applications Service (PharmCAS).
For additional applicant information, please visit NEOMED’s Frequently Asked Questions. This document will provide up-to-date details regarding common questions related to:
- Application Policies and Procedures
- PCAT Information
- Prerequisite and Undergraduate Coursework
- Tuition, Financial Aid, and Housing
- PharmD Curriculum