The Mission of the College of Sciences and Health Professions
- To educate students for careers in science and provide science education to all students in the University.
- To foster the development and application of new knowledge through research and scholarship.
- To promote a culture of service to the University and its diverse communities.
Within this broad context the College of Sciences and Health Professions will:
- Advance the purposes and activities of all disciplines of its constituent departments by uniformly facilitating, encouraging, and respecting the pedagogy, scholarship, and practice of each.
- Promote quality teaching through pedagogical excellence, instructional innovation, and application of technology.
- Meet the needs of all CSU students in engaged learning through excellent instruction, individualized advising, and involvement in research and scholarship.
- Foster the creation of new knowledge through basic and applied research that both respects the methodologies and customs of each discipline and encourages cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Work with community partners to provide instruction with a real-life context and to understand community problems and find solutions for them.
- Forge internal and external partnerships that promote the advancement of science and its application.
- Promote a culture of service to the University, urban, and professional communities.
- Serve appropriate University, urban, regional, national, international, and professional communities.
The Vision of the College of Sciences and Health Professions
As a new college, the College of Sciences and Health Professions is developing our vision statement. In the meantime, please reference the University's vision statement.