E-newsletter Vol. 2 Issue 2
2008 Diversity Management Conference – Register today!
“Translating Theory and Research Findings into Best Practices in Diversity Management”
– May 9, 2008, 8:00 am – 5 pm at the Levin School of Urban Studies (Euclid and 17th). Update your diversity skills! Learn the latest Best Practices in diversity interventions. Click here to register. Register now for the early bird price.
The Annual Diversity Center Walk Rock and Roll and Chinatown Tour – May 3, 2008. Contact Min Keung to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Professional Development Seminar Series is back!
In an effort to serve you better, we will be distributing an online survey concerning your professional development needs. Please take a few minutes to respond. Thanks!
NEWS AND NOTES
- May 8th - Barry Cross of Elsie Y. Cross and Assoc. and Herb Stevenson will teach a one day workshop on Inclusion models used by Cross and Assoc. Click here to register.
- Refresher Courses:You’ve been asking for courses that will keep you up to date! We will be sending out a note with the 2008 offerings. This fall we will offer a cutting-edge course on the skill building for managing diversity issues in Human Resources. This will be a dynamic class that covers the spectrum of issues from EEOC compliance to creating civil work spaces. Diversity professionals who have this spectrum of skills are more competitive than their HR generalist colleagues! Plan to upgrade your skills this year.
- We will send a complete roster of offerings soon.
Do you have a news item or a short article you want to share with the DMP community ? Forward it to Lisa Gaynier at email@example.com
- New Job? We’ve been forwarding you a lot of job postings. If you’ve landed one of these jobs, please let us know, so we can share your success with others (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Google Groups – Want to stay in touch with your DMP cohort? Min Keung email@example.com can tell you how to set up a Google group! Post pictures, information, blog and share your challenges and successes.
- DMP Scholarship Fund -- please consider DMP in your gift giving planning. Many of our students are not supported by their employers and there is only so much graduate assistantship money to go around. Please contact Lisa Gaynier (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like to make a donation.
- How about a sponsored Graduate Assistantship? Contact Lisa Gaynier (email@example.com), if you would like to establish a grad assistantship. What is your legacy?
Want to flex your Writing Muscles? Have a technique or tool you want to share? Have a thought you want to expand? Consider writing an article for this newsletter. Contact Lisa Gaynier at firstname.lastname@example.org with an article proposal.
Where Are They Now?
Have you made a career change? Gotten a promotion? Started a business? Landed a huge contract? Share your news! Send us a note about what you are doing and we’ll post it here! Send your update to Lisa Gaynier at email@example.com