COSHP* offers an engaged learning approach that blends hands-on instruction with real-world experiences through research, internships, and service. Students actively participate in scientific inquiry with accomplished faculty members and move beyond the classroom to gather new knowledge, test theories, and apply what they learn in Cleveland's world-class medical centers, research facilities, corporate partners, and community organizations.
- Research training opportunities with innovative projects funded by the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, American Heart Association, Department of Energy, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and others.
- Faculty members include Fulbright Scholars, prize-winning authors, and outstanding educators recognized by the Carnegie Foundation, American Statistical Society, and Ford Prize.
- Health science and professional programs feature unique curriculum, gross anatomy and neuroscience laboratories; and a Speech and Hearing Clinic where students gain practical experience with patients on campus.
- Multiple scholarships, awards, and specialized programs for students aspiring to careers in STEM or the health professions.
- Internships and clinical experiences with local partners such as NASA Glenn Research Center, the Cleveland Clinic, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Center for Disease Control, Lubrizol, Sherwin-Williams, and more.
*On July 1, 2010, CSU's College of Science was renamed the College of Sciences and Health Professions and the Department of Health Sciences was established as the School of Health Sciences.