Currently, a total of 14 volunteers plus one class from Highland Middle School, one class from Highland High School, a troup from the Boy Scouts of America, and the Ohio Underwater Research Association are participating in the program. All volunteers and group leaders took part in training and education sessions at the Woodlake Environmental Field Station in the CVNRA. Volunteers are assigned specific streams or other waterbodies that they survey on an ongoing basis. Upon completion of field outings, volunteers return data-sheets that document findings.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VOLUNTEERS
- Ms. Pam Blaha and the Highland Middle School Science Class
- Ms. Betsy Gleason and the Highland High School Biology Class
- Brian Shaner and the Boy Scouts of America, including Eagle Scout Andy Gillen
- Harloe and Harriet Cutler
- Tom Early
- Jeff Knopp
- Mary Tompkins
- The Bradley Family
- Jerry and Joel Unroe
- Pete Mohan - Seaworld Cleveland
- Warren Pryor - Animal Curator, Ft. Wayne Childrens Zoo
- Louie Rundo
Paul Buescher, Jack Klingbeil, Steve & Mary Osmialowski, and Dan Perko of the Ohio Underwater Research Association (OURA) have contributed tremendously to the project by diving ponds and surveying otherwise inaccessible areas of the Cuyahoga River by canoe and kayak.