Transient students are currently working toward a degree at another university or college and would like to take courses at Cleveland State and have the credits transferred back to their home school. This status is ideal for students home for the summer who are looking to get ahead or catch up on the degree program at their home school.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to have your home institution complete the bottom half of the Transient Student Enrollment Request form to confirm verification of transient status eligibility, good academic standing and successful prerequisite completion.
Cleveland State University
Office of the University Registrar
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2214
The University Registrar will contact students via email regarding the status of their request for transient student status.
Students are eligible to enroll at Cleveland State as a transient student and are exempt from the formal application process if they:
- are currently an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student at another college or university,
- are in good academic standing at their home institution,
- have obtained written permission from their home institution to attend Cleveland State on a transient basis, and
- have successfully completed any applicable prerequisites for the course(s) in which they wish to enroll.
- Transient registration does not imply acceptance to the University as a degree-seeking student.
- Financial aid is not available for transient students.
- Academic department approval must be obtained in order to register for 300- and 400-level (junior- and senior-level) courses.
- Transient students are subject to the same registration (add/drop) and academic standing policies that apply to degree-seeking students.
- Fees are not charged for placement examinations.
If you have questions, contact the University Registrar at 216.687.5411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.