Non-degree students are interested in taking courses for professional development or for personal enjoyment. Non-degree status is ideal for students who are interested in taking courses at Cleveland State but do not wish to complete a formal degree program. Once admitted, non-degree students are eligible to enroll each semester.
- Complete the Undergraduate Non-Degree Application online
- Or Download the Undergraduate Non-Degree Application (pdf document)
Prospective non-degree students must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- International students on an F-1 visa are not eligible to be non-degree students.
- Non-degree students are scheduled to register for courses after degree-seeking students.
- Non-degree students are not considered to be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and are ineligible for financial aid.
When non-degree students are ready to pursue a bachelor’s degree program, they reapply to Cleveland State as a degree-seeking student through Undergraduate Admissions. An application fee will be required. No more than 15 semester credit hours earned as a non-degree student may be transferred to a degree seeking program.
If you have questions, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 216.687.5411 or email@example.com.