- One hangtag is issued per person. Transferring a hangtag to
additonal vehicles is permissible. Hangtags are not transferable
to another person. Self-made notes will not be honored.
- Prepaid hangtag holders are entitled to park in the garages/lots during the day and time outlined on the back of the permit. Campus
- The registration process is not complete until the hangtag
is properly displayed on the vehicle (e.g., on the rearview
mirror facing the windshield). The hangtag must be displayed
in such a manner that all of the letters and numbers are clearly
visible to enforcement personnel. (Daily tickets must be placed
There is a charge for lost hangtags:
$20 - Student
$60 - Faculty Staff
- Replacement of lost or stolen hangtags will be issued upon
completing a lost/stolen report with the CSU Police Department. Patrons are encouraged to lock
their vehicles and safeguard their parking hangtags.
- Hangtags are issued to one individual. Shared tags will be
the responsibility of the original registrant.
- Lost or stolen hangtags not reported will remain the responsibility
of the original registrant.
- Refunds for returned hangtags will be made according to the
Treasury Services Refund Schedule. No refunds will be issued
if a hangtag is not returned. No refunds will be made for hangtags
revoked due to fraudulent application.
- In the event of termination, resignation, or leave of absence,
it is the employee's responsibility to return the hangtag to
the Parking & Transportation Services office in order to stop payroll deductions. Monthly
charges continue until the hangtag is returned.
- Temporary hangtags are available for members of the campus
community and vendors who need special parking arrangements.
Temporary tags will not be issued in lieu of the required hangtag..
- Departments are responsible for obtaining hangtags for their
visitors and vendors.
- Hangtags that are defaced, altered, or duplicated will be considered
invalid and will result in confiscation of tag, fine and/or
towing of vehicle.
- If a permit holder forget their hangtag on any given day, Parking & Transportation Services
will issue a temporary one-day tag (no charge) upon registration
verification. A temporary tag should be obtained in the Parking & Transportation Services Office 2402 Euclid Avenue - Euclid Commons Room 160 before parking on campus.
- If a permit holder forgot their Viking ID, they may park in a non-gated facility with a valid hangtag displayed.
- Outdated hangtags are to be removed from vehicle.