Welcome to wireless Technology! This guide will assist you in connecting your Microsoft Windows laptop to the CSU wireless network. These instructions cover installation of the Cisco Aironet 350 Series PC Card client adapter on the Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, and Windows XP operating systems.
NEW For XP and Vista users who are NOT using a
Please note: if you are NOT using a Cisco card then click here for "Special information for Windows XP and Vista Users NOT using the Cisco card" (On this Web page you will be able to check and see if your card is supported by IS&T and click on a link that will take you to installation instructions for installing cards that are not Cisco.)
1. Purchase the Cisco Aironet 350 Series PC Card Client Adapter (available at the CSU Bookstore)
2. Obtain the CSU IAP 8.5 CD from IS&T (comes with adapter if purchased at bookstore)
This section provides ACU installation instructions under the Windows NT and XP operating systems using the CSU IAP CD provided by IS&T.
1. Insert the IAP CD into CD drive.
2. When Menu Window appears click Install Cisco Wireless Drivers.
(If the menu does not appear within a few minutes, Browse to your CDROM Drive and double click autorun.exe)
3. When the WinZip Self-Extractor appears click "Unzip"
Setup will begin.
After the Wireless Adapter is inserted the installation will continue
The system will now detect and install the appropriate driver for the wireless adapter.
5. After the installation has completed, a box will appear prompting to reboot the system. Click "Yes" to reboot now.
Please note - If you cannot connect to the Web using Internet Explorer, right-click on the Internet Explorer browser icon and select properties. In the Internet Properties Dialog box select the Connections tab and then select LAN settings. Deselect all options. Click OK. You are now at the Internet Properties Dialog box. Click OK again. Open Internet Explorer and check your connection to the Web.
To view a list of frequently asked CSU questions go to FAQ.