CSU Health Insurance Waivers:
Waivers from the university health care policy are granted ONLY in the following situations:
- You have insurance coverage because you are sponsored by the U.S. Government,your country's government, or the U.N.
- You have insurance coverage because a parents works in th U.S.,your spouse works in the U.S. or you work in the U.S(Employment will be verified).
- You are presently insured and receiving benifits for a pre-existing condition.Changing coverage would result in the loss of benefits(Medical condition will be verified).
- You are currently in the U.S. with a minor F-2 dependant and must be insured by another carrier in order to secure appropriate coverage for your dependant(Dependent will be verified).
- You are a Canadian Citizen or Resident.
In addition, your current policy MUST meet the following CSU minimum requirements:
Medical Benefits of at least 80% of first $150,000 of covered expense.
Repatriation of Remains in the amount of atleast $10,000.
Expenses for Medical Evacuation to home Country at least 15,000.
Deductible of no greater than $350 per calendar year.
Co-payment or coinsurance not to exceed 20% of covered expenses.
Company who provides the coverage has required rating & US phone number.
The deadline to waive is the end of the second week of classes, there are NO exceptions to the deadline.