CSU Health Insurance Waivers
Waivers from the university health care policy are granted only in the following situations
- You have insurance coverage because you are sponsored by the U.S. Government,your country's government, or the U.N.
- You have insurance coverage because a parents works in th U.S.,your spouse works in the U.S. or you work in the U.S. (Employment will be verified)
- You are presently insured and receiving benefits for a pre-existing condition. Changing coverage would result in the loss of benefits. (Medical condition will be verified)
- You are currently in the U.S. with a minor F-2 dependant and must be insured by another carrier in order to secure appropriate coverage for your dependent. (Dependent will be verified)
- You are a Canadian Citizen or Resident
In addition, your current policy must meet the following CSU minimum requirements:
Medical Benefits of at least 80% of first $250,000 of covered expense
Repatriation of Remains in the amount of at least $10,000
Expenses for Medical Evacuation to home Country at least $15,000
Deductible of no greater than $500 per calendar year
Co-payment or coinsurance not to exceed 20% of covered expenses
Company who provides the coverage has required rating & US phone number
The deadline to waive is the end of the second week of classes, there are NO exceptions to the deadline.