any scientific discipline can be utilized within the Biotechnology industry.
Chemistry and Biology majors with a strong emphasis on laboratory work
are the most popular majors of applicants in the field. Other applicable
majors are listed below.
- Chemistry and Biology majors work in wet lab environments to induce
- Chemical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers can help keep the chemical
processes and machinery running smoothly within a company.
- Physicists, Computer Scientists, and Mathematicians can analyze
computer radiology images of biological functions such as a beating
- Electrical Engineers can design MEMS (MicorElectroMechanical Systems)
to eventually work within the human body.
- Business majors can help a biotech company sell, manage, and promote
- Computer Science majors can delve into the world of Bioinformatics,
where they can analyze massive databases generated by research and
simulate drug interactions.