Career Services Center
Job Search Strategies
Essential Skills & Traits Evaluated in the Interview
- ACCURACY - The information you provide should be truthful and without error.
- ALERTNESS - The ability to present yourself as bright, intelligent, and enthusiastic.
- COMMUNICATION - The ability to present thoughts clearly, openly, & understandably.
- COURTESY - The polite attention given to other people. CREATIVITY - Developing new ideas, finding better ways of doing things, being imaginative. DEPENDABILITY - The ability to do required jobs well with a minimum of supervision. DRIVE - The desire to attain goals, to achieve. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS - The sensitivity and response to the attitudes, backgrounds, thoughts and feelings of others.
- KNOWLEDGE - The information concerning chosen field which an individual should know for satisfactory job performance. ORGANIZATION - The ability to systematically structure work tasks.
- MANAGEMENT - The ability to delegate tasks and supervise others.
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE - The neat, well-groomed, appropriately dressed image you present to others.
- PERSONALITY - An individual's behavior characteristics or personality suitable for the job
- PROBLEM SOLVING - The ability to describe a problem you have encountered, what action you took to resolve it, and the outcome.
- STABILITY - The ability to withstand pressure and to remain calm in critical situations.