The interview process is an opportunity for you to find out more information
about the organization. Always come prepared with questions to ask the
interviewer- specific questions with relevance to the position applied
for. Every question you ask should demonstrate your interest and confirm
your knowledge of the organization.
- Is there anything else I can tell you about my background?
- Can you show me where this position fits in the organization?
- What characteristics does a successful candidate bring to this position?
- What characteristics must they develop to continue that success?
- Can you tell me more about the company's training program?
- Can you tell me the opportunities/prospects for advancement beyond this level?
- What is the average time it takes to get to the ____________ level in the career path?
- Could you tell me what the largest issue facing this department is?
- Largest issue facing the organization as a whole?
- What changes do you see forthcoming for the company during the next three to five years?
- Does the company have plans to grow in the next three to five years?
- How much travel is normally expected from those in this position?
After the job is offered, additional questions to be answered...
- I greatly appreciate your offer. How soon do you need a decision? May I let you know by __________________?
- Is a brochure on the company's benefits program available?
- Clarification on details (where do I park? immediate supervisor? orientation period? etc.)
- IF you are turned down for a position...
- Are there others in the organization/elsewhere who would be interested in my experience?
- How could I improve myself for opportunities in this field?
- I remain very interested in what your company is doing. Could you keep my resume on hand for consideration for future openings?
- Always end interview situations on a positive note!
- Be sure to send thank you/post interview letters to the interviewer(s), regardless of the outcome!