Whether your intended work is covered by a Service Request or an Architect’s Office Project Request depends on the extent and type of work involved. Listed below are the types of work and how they may be routed.
- This covers chargeable maintenance, also described in the Facilities Management website. Please complete a Facilities Service Request form and forward to Physical Plant PS230.
- You may have a Architect’s Project Request and not a Service Request if:
- It is a facility remodeling, modification or a change of use in space (a closet to an office, a classroom to computer lab).
- A project demanding architectural drawings or design.
- Work needing architect/engineering input and construction.
- Equipment needing replacement to a type either larger or of different capacity than before (“in kind” replacement is usually routine maintenance).
- Architect/engineering services required, whether University or outside firm.
- Construction contractors might be used. (Facilities handles emergency work or utility work.)
- Changing an existing carpet color/style/type.
- Changing a paint color from the existing scheme.
If your work meets the above Project definition, please complete a Project Request form and forward to PS 218 or email to email@example.com. For additional information please refer to the Departmental Project Request Policy.