- What are the pre-requisite courses?
- Is there an age limit for the science prerequisites?
- How long is the program?
- What is the cost?
- What grade point average (GPA) is required for acceptance?
- When would I start if I were accepted?
- When should I apply? When is the application deadline?
- I completed courses at a foreign institution. What do I do?
- Do I need to provide official CSU transcripts to the School of Nursing?
- How many hours of work per week for classes?
- How many hours for Preceptor clinical (last semester only)?
- Are there requirements in addition to the Nursing courses?
What are the pre-requisite courses?
Prerequisite Coursework (no grade of less than C will be accepted):
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (BIO 266/267 & 268/269)
- Chemistry I & II (CHM 251/256 & 252/257)
- Microbiology (BIO 264/265)
- Statistics (MTH 147)
- Psychology (PSY 101)
- English I & II (ENG 101 & 102)
Is there an age limit for the science prerequisites?
How long is the program?
The RN to BSN sequence can be completed in one year (3 consecutive semesters).
What is the cost?
For the most current tuition costs please refer to the Office of Treasury Services website: http://www.csuohio.edu/offices/treasuryservices/tuition/
Information on financial aid, including scholarships, is available through Campus 411 (216) 687-5411 or http://www.csuohio.edu/enrollmentservices/financialaid/ .
Many employers have tuition assistance programs, contact your office of Human Resources for details.
What grade point average (GPA) is required for acceptance?
A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required in prerequisite courses and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (combination of all schools attended) for consideration to the program.
When would I start if I were accepted?
RN to BSN students can choose to enter the program in fall or spring semester.
When are applications available? When should I apply? When is the application deadline?
Complete applications are a due July 1st for the Fall semester co-hort and Decemeber 1 for the Spring semester co-hort.
I completed courses at a foreign institution. What do I do?
First, you must apply to Cleveland State University and submit official transcripts to International Admissions in order to have them evaluated. It is your responsibility to provide an official translation if your transcripts are not in English. If you are an international student and have questions about your visa, contact the Center for International Services and Programs. After you have submitted your transcripts to International Admissions, contact the Recruiter/Advisor in the School of Nursing to notify them that you have applied to the University and to request that your transcript be evaluated for the Nursing program.
Do I need to provide official CSU transcripts to the School of Nursing?
No. Please include a note in your application informing the Recruiter/Advisor that you attended Cleveland State University.
How many hours of work per week for classes?
This depends on the student – there is no way to give exact amounts of time.
How many hours for Preceptor clinical (last semester only)?
Total of 90 hours over 12 weeks
Are there requirements in addition to the Nursing courses?
Cleveland State University requires the completion of General Education requirements for all students earning a bachelor’s degree. For more information refer to the following website:
Student’s who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are exempt from the general education requirements.