Skype for Business gives you instant messaging (IM), audio and video calls, On-line Meetings, availability (presence) information, and sharing capabilities all from one, easy-to-use program.
Basic features of Skype for Business include:
- instant messaging
- Voice Over IP
- video conferencing inside the client software
Advanced features relate to integration with other Microsoft software:
- availability of contacts based on Microsoft Outlook contacts stored in a Microsoft Exchange Server
- users can retrieve contact lists from a local directory service such as Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office can show if other people are working on the same document
- number of client types are available for Skype for Business, including mobile clients.
- uses SIP as the basis for its client communication protocol
- offers support for TLS and SRTP to encrypt and secure signaling and media traffic
- allows sharing files
Please note: Not all features noted above may be available on all clients.
How to use Skype
When signing into Skype, use your CSU ID number in place of the email address. (ex firstname.lastname@example.org or @vikes.csuohio.edu)
The following links will redirect you to pages supported and managed by Microsoft
|Add a contact||Send an IM|
|Make and receive calls||Set up a meeting in Outlook|
|Start using IM and online meetings||Share your desktop or program|
|Set up and test audio|