In addition to the standard email account that is issued, there are special use accounts that may be created upon request. These accounts may be requested by any faculty / staff member. A description of these accounts is as follows:
Departmental / Generic accounts
These accounts are created for use when the mail received is not directed to any specific individual, but rather are more general in nature and meant for any individual representing a department, college, student organization or a specific project. The mail sent out from these accounts are not sent from a specific individual but are sent as being from the unit that the account was created to represent. An example of this would be the email address of email@example.com, this account was created to represent the IS&T Help Desk and is monitored by numerous people with the mail that is sent to the address not meant for a specific individual on the IS&T Help Desk.
These accounts cannot have a forwarding address assigned to them and will be listed in the public directory. If after one year of no activity on the account the account will be deactivated, after a notice is sent to the person listed as the contact on the account inquiring as to if the account is to remain active. If a notice is received from the contact indicating the account is to remain active, no action will be taken, the account will remain active.
To request a departmental / generic account please contact the IS&T Help Desk by calling ext. 5050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Special note for student organizations, the above request must come from the advisor assigned to the organization.
When submitting a request the following information will be required:
- Requested email address
- Password to be assigned
- Common name to be associated with the account (think of this as the first and last name)
- Name of individual who will be listed as the contact person. This person will be the individual who may request to have the password changed and will be the individual contacted should any issue ever arise concerning the account. The contact person may share access to the account with any individual that they believe would need access.
Note: when requesting an email address, the only special characters that are permitted as part of the address are: a period (.) or a hyphen (-) with the following restrictions:
- A period(.) or a hyphen(-) is permitted anywhere in the email address, except at the beginning or the end of the address
These accounts do not have a mailbox associated with them, though they are assigned an email address. They are created strictly to manage meeting times with in a conference room.
These calendars usually have a few individuals who have the ability to schedule conferences with in the room, though the option is available to open the calendar to everyone. When a person reserves a time in a room calendar, that individual must sign into their own account and schedule the meeting on their own calendar, inviting the room as they would invite a person. Once the conference is scheduled, the details on the conference will be listed on the calendar of the individual who scheduled the conference, along with those individuals, if any, who were also invited to the conference. Details concerning the conference are not listed on the room calendar, the information that is listed on the room calendar is simply the name of the individual who scheduled the conference along with the times of the conference.
To request a room calendar account please contact the IS&T Help Desk by calling ext. 5050 or emailing email@example.com. When making a request the following information will be required:
- Requested email address, preferably the two character building code and the room number with a limit of 19 characters
- Common name to be associated with the account (think of this as the first and last name). This is optional, should a common name not be provided, the building and room number will be listed as the common name.
- Name of individual who will be listed as the administrator / contact person. This person will be the individual who will manage the calendar by setting the preferences to meet the individual needs and will be the person who will manage the permission levels for other individuals who may be permitted to schedule on the calendar This individual will also be the contact should any issue ever arise concerning the account. It is recommended that at least 2 individuals be listed as an administrator for room calendars.
- The CSU ID number of the individual who will be listed as the administrator / contact person.
Listed here is information on how to manage a room calendar.