Cleveland State's TRIO McNair Scholars Program is accepting applications. The application forms are available on this website as .PDF files, with hard copies being available at the program’s offices in Room 155 of the Science and Research Building.
Please acquire the preliminary application form, complete it, and either mail or deliver it to the program office. This form helps us to determine your eligibility, and we will contact you to let you know if you qualify for the program. If you are eligible, you will be asked to complete the full application package.
If you are eligible, you will be asked to send six completed forms. These include your general application, a statement of purpose, a copy of the "Do I Qualify?" form, a GPA and attendance policy agreement, a photography/video model release form, and an authorization for release of information. You will also be asked to provide a current resume, copies of your student transcript(s), and two letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility as an applicant to make sure our office receives both recommendation letters (use the .PDF file). If you qualify for the program as a first-generation/low-income student, you must additionally attach a copy of your parents'/guardians' 2016 tax form.
- Application (3 pages)
- Statement of purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Do I qualify?
- Authorization for release of information
- GPA & attendance policy agreement
- Photography/video model release
- Student's checklist
Click McNair Full Application 2017 to download the complete application packet.
The deadline to submit the 2017 CSU McNair Application is Thursday, November 30, 2017.
- Have you submitted a completed application form?
- Have you submitted a completed statement of purpose?
- Have you asked two references to send us recommendations?
- Have you submitted a completed "Do I Qualify" form?
- Have you submitted a completed photography/video model release form?
- Have you submitted a completed GPA and attendance policy agreement?
- Have you submitted a completed authorization for release of information?
- Have you sent us your resume?
- Have you sent us your transcript(s)?
- 10. If you qualify for the program as a first-generation/low-income student, have you sent us a copy of your parents'/guardians’ tax return for the previous year?
Please contact us if you have any questions.