The Business Administration major provides a flexible option for you to complete the Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a general cross-functional major.
The Business Administration major prepares you with upper-level foundation courses in business and a broad cross-section of advanced business courses in various functional areas. Courses for this program are offered during the day and evening at both the main campus and various off-campus sites. The program is composed of lower-division and upper-division core courses as required by the B.B.A. degree and a choice of Business Administration major courses that can be selected from various business disciplines.
Click here to see the current academic year's Undergraduate Catalog requirements for the Business Administration major .
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in Business Administration:
- Enables you to develop breadth of knowledge in the field of business administration
- Increases your transfer opportunities if you have previous college credits
- Permits flexibility to take advanced business courses that fit your schedule and professional needs
- Prepares you with foundation courses for the MBA degree
- Gives you the flexibility of taking additional courses and earning other majors/minors in the college
NOTE: For official requirements, determine your catalog rights, and go to the undergraduate catalog that matches those rights. (The following requirements are ONLY for students whose FIRST semester at CSU is Fall 2011 or Spring 2012. For students who started BEFORE the 2011-2012 school year AND who have been enrolled during at least one of the past three semesters, including summer, please see your undergraduate catalog).
Is this Major Right for You?
This program is for you if:
- You have completed two years at a community college and fulfilled Cleveland State University's transfer module requirements and wish to complete the bachelor's degree in business; or
- You are a part-time student who would like to accelerate degree completion by picking up evening and weekend classes; or
- You want to earn a certificate in a particular field of interest; or
- You want to take courses for self-improvement or career advancement.
The Business Administration Major consists of 28 credit hours of 300/400 level business electives beyond the B.B.A. degree’s upper core requirements. You may choose any upper-level business course but electives must be selected from a minimum of four of the following seven business disciplines:
- Accounting (ACT);
- Finance (FIN);
- Information systems (IST);
- International business (INB);
- Management and labor relations (MLR);
- Marketing (MKT); and
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSM).
Please consult the C.S.U. Undergraduate Catalog for course descriptions and check CampusNet or a College of Business undergraduate adviser in Ahuja Hall, BU 219, for course availability.
For more information, contact:
Monte Ahuja College of Business
Undergraduate Business Advising Office – BU 219
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
<!--#include file="i-disclaimer-majors.html" -->