Currently attending a community college and considering pursuing a bachelor's degree? This summit is a unique opportunity to meet with CSU faculty and staff in an informal setting to share ideas and strategies for successful and smooth transfer to a four-year university.
A place to share ideas and brainstorm solutions!
Your chance to help us create new ways to support your journey to graduation and beyond!
You Will Gain
- A fun, 2-day metropolitan campus experience, including an overnight
stay in a residence hall
- Important skills and success strategies to help you transcend limitations,
persist and complete a Bachelor's degree
- A network of student-peers who share similar interests and goals
- Connections with faculty and professionals who are interested in helping
- A foothold on the ladder of success: students who attended the Summit
last year are doing exceptionally well!
Attendance is limited to 75 participants, so please register today!
Many community supporters donated scholarship funds so that we are able to keep the cost down to $30 per person.
- Four dynamic Keynote Speakers
- Workshops with strategies proven to increase student success
- Two delicious luncheons and continental breakfasts
- Overnight stay (double occupancy) in CSU's stunning, historic Fenn Tower
Residence Hall *
- Networking with success-oriented students from colleges around Ohio
* Cost without overnight accommodations: $20 per person
- Registration deadline is May 15th.
- Please submit your registration to:
Transfer Connection at Cleveland State University,
2121 Euclid Avenue, Main
Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
- Attention: Megan Culbertson.
Call 216.687.5561 or 5413
- Make check payable to: Cleveland State University – 2013 CTC Student Summit.
Sponsored by the Cleveland Transfer Connection Program
A cooperative program between Cleveland State University and Cuyahoga Community College – Metro Campus
The Cleveland Transfer Connection Program
Navigating the path to your future can be confusing. There are so many decisions: Which college do I choose? Where are my friends going to school? Am I ready for a large campus? Are my grades strong enough? What can I afford?
The Cleveland Transfer Connection (CTC) at Tri-C and Cleveland State University is a Learning Communities program designed to help you answer those questions and provide a path designed with you in mind. When you begin your college career in one of the six CTC Learning Communities, you will automatically be pursuing two degrees as part of a cohort of students who have the same interests.
The Cleveland Transfer Connection is a program unique to Cleveland because it provides services from two dynamic institutions and offers two degrees (an Associate’s and a Bachelor’s) in one community of students.
Cleveland Transfer Connection:
- Strengthens your academic skills to make your college career more successful.
- Helps you navigate the admissions, scheduling and advising/counseling processes.
- Offers classes on both campuses, providing more campus life experiences.
- Takes learning beyond the traditional classroom into the city of Cleveland.
- Provides a support system of peers and Peer Mentor Coaches.
- Enables you to receive two degrees seamlessly on two campuses.
Why Should I Join a Learning Community?
More students are joining Learning Communities at colleges around the country and are finding college life more enjoyable and successful. Their grades are higher, they are more connected to their campuses, and they are more engaged in their classes. Learning Communities work because they
- Connect all of your classes so you may have a better grasp of the material.
- Reserve smaller classes so you have more interaction with your instructors.
- Extend classes into the community with field trips and service learning.
- Provide additional advising and support with a staff dedicated to you.
- Provide opportunities for using various technologies.
* This program is made possible through a Title III Grant award from the
United States Department of Education. For more information call
CSU: 216-687-5413 or Tri-C: 216-987-4654.