Listed below are the procedures necessary to obtain the Certificate of Eligibility (the SEVIS I-20 for F-1 student status). The process for issuing your Certificate of Eligibility will begin once you have been admitted to the University and have submitted the necessary documentation to our office. If you are currently holding an F-1 Student Visa and are transfer from another US Institution to CSU, you will still need to follow this procedure.
ALL STUDENTS – We are required by the Department of Homeland Security/US Citizenship and Immigration Services to carefully check the financial ability of each student prior to requesting approval to issue your SEVIS I-20. Therefore, it is important that you are aware of the cost of attending CSU and that you have all necessary funds to support yourself. You must comply with the following procedures:
- Meet the annual estimate of costs stated below.
- Complete the Declaration and Certificate of Finances form and include appropriate documentation. It is very important that all questions be completed and accurately answered in order to avoid unnecessary delays in processing
- Return the Declaration and Certificate of Finances to:
Office of International Admissions
2121 Euclid Ave., UN 350
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Your Declaration and Certification of Finances will be reviewed by the Office of International Admissions to determine your ability to meet the financial obligation while you are attending the University. If your DCF is not approved or if there are additional questions, you will be notified by mail.
|Tuition & Fees||$12,930.00||$19,333.80||$13,878.00||$34,174.40||$23,973.60|
|Books and Supplies||$800.00||$800.00||$800.00||$1,500.00||$1,500.00|
|Local Ground Transportation||$1,726.00||$1,726.00||$1,726.00||$1,726.00||$1,726.00|
|Total (Academic Year-=Fall & Spring semester)||$31,314.00||$37,717.80||$32,262.00||$55,252.40||$45,051.60|
|Total (Includes Summer Semester)||$37,628.00||$47,384.70||$38,655.00||$72,339.60||$50830|
Fees not included in Tuition:
- International Orientation Fee: $75.00 paid only one time and nonrefundable
- International Services Fee: $30.00 per semester
- UPASS: $25.00 per semester provides free travel by Bus &
- Rapid throughout Cleveland to all CSU students.
- Financials are based on 1 academic year of full time study (not per semester)
- Does not apply to the Intensive English Language Program
- Data is only for Academic Year 2014-2015
TRANSFER STUDENTS: The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) require that you obtain from your current institution a release before your new I-20 is issued. Once you are admitted to Cleveland State and receive your admission letter, please contact your immigration advisor at your current school and requested that your I-20 be transferred into Cleveland State University.
MARRIED STUDENTS: A married student who plans to bring his/her dependents will require an additional $3,500.00 for the spouse, $2,000.00 for the 1st child, and $1,500.00 for each additional child. These amounts should be added to the total number under the appropriate column. Additional insurance for family of F-1 students is optional but highly recommended. F-2 dependents are not permitted to work or enroll in classes.
ENROLLMENT: IMMIGRATION REGULATIONS REQUIRE that all students are enrolled full time. Students who are admitted in the summer semester must enroll full time for that semester and subsequent terms.
Full Time Enrollment:
Undergraduate = at least 12 credit hours per semester
Graduate = at least 8 credit hours per semester
- All banks, scholarships, and sponsor letters must be:
a. Original with original signatures
b. Specify the amount of funding available to you
c. Currency other that US Dollars please indicate equivalency
d. Copies, faxes, and emails will be accepted only if they are legible.
- Letters must be current. Correspondence older than 6 months from expected entry date will not be accepted
- Your name must appear on bank, scholarship, and sponsor letters.
- The funding you demonstrate must be sufficient to meet the costs of attending Cleveland State University as specified.
Failure to comply with any of the above conditions may delay the issuance of the I-20. Please return only the last two pages to Cleveland State University.