All undergraduate international applicants must demonstrate proof of English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Minimum official test scores:
- TOEFL internet-based exam: 65 (at least 14 in each section)
- TOEFL paper-based exam: 525
- IELTS: 6.0
- iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency): 5.0
*All test scores must be official and sent directly to CSU from the testing institution
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better and passing COMPASS ESL scores. (www.csuohio.edu/ielp)
- Completion of English language studies (Level 112) from any of the ELS Language Centers (www.els.com).
- Completion of English Composition 1 and 2, at a 'C' level or better, equivalent to the CSU freshman English requirements at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the 'O' (ordinary) Level or 'A' (advanced) Level of the General Certificate of Education. Scores must be no more than 2 years old.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE).