The Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) is responsible for the administration of the University's equal opportunity and affirmative action policies, programs and procedures. You can contact OIE by email at OIE@csuohio.edu or call 216-687-2223.
- We work cooperatively with departments and units to provide training and information on unlawful discrimination and affirmative action issues to increase awareness of these issues throughout the university community and promote the full participation, well being and equitable treatment of all students, faculty and staff, regardless of age, race, color, genetic information, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability or protected veteran status.
- The Office for Institutional Equity is primarily responsible for the investigation and resolution of all complaints of unlawful discrimination, including complaints of sexual, racial and any other types of unlawful harassment. We seek to achieve a fair and prompt resolution of discrimination complaints and take appropriate action when necessary.
- The Office for Institutional Equity assists in the recruitment of faculty and professional staff by monitoring searches and works collaboratively with the Department of Human Recources in monitoring classified hiring.
- We train Search Committees on best outreach and recruitment practices to attract diverse pools of qualified applicants and to insure that all applicants are treated fairly and equitably.
- We maintain effective contacts with organizations and agencies which serve and provide access and opportunities for women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans.
The Office for Institutional Equity reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer in the Office of the General Counsel of the University.