Cleveland State University offers competitive compensation programs designed to attract, retain and reward a qualified and diverse workforce. Within the boundaries of financial feasibility, employee compensation shall be externally competitive and internally equitable.
The Compensation Unit implements and maintains the classification and salary grade systems for Professional and Classified staff and the University Police. Services provided include:
- Ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures as they relate to compensation and classification
- Ensuring compliance with related state and federal laws
- Assisting departments with reorganizations
- Managing Pay and Classification Programs
- Writing and/or revising job descriptions
- Performing job audits and job evaluations
- Conducting salary surveys and market studies
- Recommending salary equity and market adjustments.