Research Support

Honors And University Scholars students engaged in independent research projects for which they are earning course credit (e.g., a senior research project) may require financial support to help pay for supplies, travel costs, etc. If you are seeking support to help pay for research expenses, you may apply to one or both of the following:

  • Graduate College and Provost's Undergraduate Research Fund (which will support up to $1000 in research expenses per semester)
  • Honors Program Research Fund (which will support up to $500 in research expenses for one semester only)

Please note that both of these funds require that you apply for funding BEFORE you actually incur the research expenses. Also, you will have to work with your faculty advisor on the research project, as they will be required to endorse your application for funding. If you are planning to engage in a research project for which you will earn course credit, it is a good idea to talk to the Honors Director and/or your Honors/Scholars advisor well beforehand so that you can plan to apply for funding.

engaged learning
  • Honors Program
Mailing Address
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Avenue, MC 412
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Campus Location
Main Classroom Building, Room 412
1899 East 22nd Street
Phone: 216.687.5559
Fax: 216.687.5552
Dr. Elizabeth Lehfeldt, Ph.D.
Program Director
Phone: 216.687.5559

This site contains files that require the free Adobe Reader to view.