Cleveland State University

Graduates Resource Center

FAQ's and GRC Steps


  • How do I contact the GRC?
    A. The Center is located in the Parker Hannifin Hall on the third floor in Room 300. The GRC telephone number is 216-687-3536 and the E-mail address is, but you may also contact the center by e-mailing the manager or calling 216-687-3536 if you are seeking an interview or would like to have a workshop scheduled for your program, organization, or college.
  • Who can access the services and programs of the Grad Grants Center?
    A. All CSU graduate students and undergraduate students who are involved in thesis writing, research projects, graduate school education, and other graduate and research related activities.
  • How can I search for grant sources if I am not on campus?
    A. All the federal government databases and portals such as Federal Grants Wire and are available via the Internet from any computer in the world. You can also visit your local library for resources both online and found in reference books and you can visit the Foundation Center at your local library or at their location:

Foundation Center
1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1600
Cleveland, OH 44115-2001
Telephone:  216-861-1933

  • Can I search the databases to which the Grad Grant Writing Center subscribes?
    A. Yes. Visit the center in Room 300 of Parker Hannifin Hall to use all GRC Resources, call us at 216-687-3536 or e-mail the center at
  • I’ve tried to access Foundation Director Online and Foundation Center Grants to Individuals, but can’t get into these databases. Why?
    A. Both are password protected.  You may use these databases by coming to the GRC and using our log-in to search for grant options. 
  • Can I access these online services if I am off-campus?
    A. If you are able to log-in to the CSU network using your CSU ID and Password, you can access online courses and tutorials. (For help with connecting from off-campus, contact the CSU Call Center at Ext. 5050).
  • I don’t have computer access. What other options are available?
    A. Call the Grad Grants Center at 216-687-3536 to speak with a staff member or send an E-mail to You can also visit the center which is located in the Michael Schwartz Library, Room 305 I.
  • I would like to attend one of your workshops. What do I need to do, and does it cost anything?
    A. All of our workshops are free to CSU graduate students and the entire CSU community.  Some events at the center require no registration and our Calendar of Events will clearly indicate that to you.  However, you will need to register for some workshops such as the “How to Write a Grant Proposal” workshop and the How to Use Grants Search Engines”. Check the Workshop page for more information and registration.
  • How can I have my research featured in a GRC CSU Grad Student Research presentation?
    A. Contact the center at 216-687-3536 or by E-mail at
  • How can I join the Graduate Student Association (GSA)?
    A. If you have an OrgSync account, you can Login and then click Join an Org to join the organization.



engaged learning

Mailing Address
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Avenue
Parker Hannifin Hall, 3rd Floor
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Campus Location
Parker Hannifin Hall, PHH-300
2121 Euclid Avenue
Phone: 216.687.3536

Historic Parker Hannifin Hall

This site contains files that require the free Adobe Reader to view.