Click on the form title to open a downloadable/printable version of the form (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Undergraduate Student Permission to Take Graduate Courses Revised May 2008
This form must be on file in the University Registrar’s Office by the end of the first week of classes of the term you are registering for the course.
Enrollment / Registration
- Graduate Student Late Registration/Late Add Request Form Revised Jun 2013
For students who have not previously registered for courses for the academic term in question. (Late Registration Guidelines)
- Cross-Registration Revised May 2013
For CSU graduate degree students wishing to take courses for credit at various consortium universities without registering as a transient student (students register for courses through CSU). (Enrollment Guidelines)
- Graduate Overload Course Form Revised August 2013
This form is required for graduate students registering for more than 16 credit hours in a given semester. (Enrollment Guidelines)
- Non-Degree Course Permission Form Revised Mar 2012
For admitted graduate non-degree students who wish to register for restricted courses. Restricted course list included with form. Return completed form to the Registrar's office. (Enrollment Guidelines)
Student Requests / Exceptions
- Graduate Student Petition Form Revised Jun 2013
The following guidelines are provided so that requests will be presented clearly to members of the program committee and the graduate college petitions committee. (Petition Guidelines)
- Graduate Program Transfer Request Revised May 2013
For admitted graduate degree students who have not yet completed their current program of study but wish to transfer to a new degree program. (Enrollment Guidelines)
- Graduate Student Transient Approval Form Revised Jun 2013
For admitted CSU degree, certificate, or licensure students who wish to take courses at another institution to obtain transfer credit. (Transient Guidelines)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Form Revised Jun 2013
To request a transfer of graduate credit from another institution toward program requirements at Cleveland State. (Transfer Guidelines)
- Credit by Examination Revised October 2013
A graduate degree, certificate, or licensure student may request to receive credit by examination for a course with departmental approval and with the permission of the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies. The student must pay a $20 fee for each examination. Graduate Credit by Examination forms are available online or in the College of Graduate Studies Office (Parker Hannifin Hall 3rd floor). (Enrollment Guidelines)
- Graduate Student Conference Travel Fund Request Form
The College of Graduate Studies makes every effort to support master’s and doctoral student travel to make presentations at professional conferences.
- Thesis & Dissertation Proposal Approval Form Revised August 2011
This form is required for approval prior to registration of Master's thesis or Doctoral dissertation credits.
All students are required to complete a graduation application well in advance of their projected graduation date. Students should consult their college advising offices before submitting their application.
Completion of Master Degree
- Notice of Completion of Degree Requirements - Master's Students Revised Nov 2004
Required for graduation for students who complete a Master's thesis. All students are required to complete a graduation application well in advance of their projected graduation date.
Completion of Doctoral Degree
- Notice of Completion of Degree Requirements - Doctoral Students Revised May 2002
Required for graduation for all Doctoral students.
- Requirements for Doctoral Student Participation in Graduation Ceremonies New Nov 2005
Effective with Spring 2002 graduation, the following policies and procedures shall be instituted for all graduation ceremonies (both Fall and Spring Graduation).
Completion of Certificate
- Graduate Certificate Completion Form Revised May 2008
This form should be submitted by the student to the Graduate Program Director by no later than the end of the sixth week of the term when it is anticipated that all certificate requirements will be met. The Dean’s Office will verify certificate requirements met at the end of the final term. Certificates are normally awarded to students within six weeks of the end of the completion term.