Jump to navigation
Mission of Fenn Academy
- To collaborate with member high schools in educational activities that would stimulate and encourage 9 th – 12 th grade students to pursue careers in engineering and technology and to provide technical, and when possible, financial support to those students.
- To disseminate scientific and technological knowledge to the younger generation.
- To assist high school science and technology teachers with state-of-the-art technologies, training and access to certain laboratory facilities.
- To introduce high school students to college life.
- To educate the technical workforce for the region’s industry.
Benefits for Participating High Schools
- Participation in Washkewicz's College’s Engineer-For-A-Day job shadowing program for high school students at local corporations.
- Participation in half-day engineering lab tour activities and summer camps.
- Participation in Washkewicz’s Engineering Faculty Speaker’s Program with greater interaction between Washkewicz’s faculty and participating high school students.
- Access to Cleveland State University’s videoconferencing and other facilities.
- High school curriculum consultation and curriculum alignment.
- Early Cooperative Education and Career Counseling Programs.
- Enhanced opportunities for scholarships and corporate sponsorships.
- Collaborative projects with area high school teachers.
- Interaction with professional engineering associations and student chapter organizations.
- Access to Cleveland State University’s teacher/learning workshops.
- Joint proposals to acquire funding for educational initiatives.
Fenn Academy Programs
- Engineering Activity Days
- The Faculty Lecture Program
- The Engineer For A Day Job Shadowing Program