People at Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Office Location: FH 332
- Phone Number: (216) 687-5407
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Website: http://academic.csuohio.edu/simond/
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University, 1991
- Control Systems
- State Estimation
- Signal Processing
- Computer Intelligence
- CSU Faculty Merit Recognition Award, May 2007
- Received Boeing Aerospace’s Team Achievement Award in 1984 for "Outstanding Contribution to the Inertial Upper Stage Program".
- Received Syracuse University’s Graduate Fellowship (the only one in the Electrical Engineering Department) for the 1990-91 academic year.
- Honorable Mention in the 1990 Student Paper Competition of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
- Received TRW’s Key Award in 1993 for "Outstanding Independent Research and Development Contributions".
- ESC 120 Introduction to Engineering Design
- EEC 380 Digital Systems
- EEC 414/503 Writing in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EEC 417 / 517 Embedded Systems
- EEC 510 Linear Systems
- ESC 720 Research Communications
- EEC 641 / 741 Multivariable Control
- EEC 644 / 744 Optimal Control
- EEC 645 / 745 Intelligent Control Systems
- EEC 693 / 793 Genetic Algorithms
- EEC 693 / 793 Optimal State Estimation
- EEC 693 / 793 Population-Based Optimization
- Kalman Filtering
- H. Ma, D. Simon, and M. Fei, “On the convergence of biogeography-based optimization for binary problems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2014, Article ID 147457, 11 pages, 2014.
- D. Simon, M. Omran, and M. Clerc, “Linearized biogeography-based optimization with re-initialization and local search,” Information Sciences, vol. 267, pp. 140–157, May 2014.
- H. Ma, D. Simon, M. Fei, X. Shu, and Z. Chen, “Hybrid biogeography-based evolutionary algorithms,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 30, pp. 213–224, April 2014.
- H. Richter and D. Simon, “Robust Tracking Control of a Prosthesis Test Robot,” ASME Journal of Dynamic System, Measurement, and Control, vol. 136, no. 3, paper 031011, February 2014.
- D. Du and D. Simon, “Complex System Optimization Using Biogeography-Based Optimization,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 456232, 18 pages, 2013.
- H. Ma, D. Simon, M. Fei, and Z. Chen, “On the equivalences and differences of evolutionary algorithms,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2397–2407, November 2013.
- D. Simon and Y. Shmaliy, “Unified forms for Kalman and finite impulse response filtering and smoothing,” Automatica, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1892-1899, June 2013.
- D. Simon, A. Shah, and C. Scheidegger, “Distributed learning with biogeography-based optimization: Markov modeling and robot control,” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, vol. 10, pp. 12–24, June 2013.
- Y. Shmaliy and D. Simon, “Iterative unbiased FIR state estimation: A review of algorithms,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2013, no. 113, May 2013.
- H. Ma, D. Simon, M. Fei, and Z. Xie, “Variations of biogeography-based optimization and Markov analysis,” Information Sciences, vol. 220, pp. 492–506, January 2013.
- Non-contact ECG Monitoring and Diagnosis, National Science Foundation, August 2010-August 2013
- Rapid Rehabilitation and Return to Function for Amputee Soldiers, Cleveland Clinic, June 2010-December 2012
- Wireless Gesture Recognition Using Inertial Navigation Systems, Innovative Developments, January 2011 - August 2011
- Automotive Engine Time-to-Torque Optimization,Ford Motor Company, January 2012 - August 2012
- Automotive Fuel Consumption Minimization,Ford Motor Company, January 2013 - December 2014