Chansu (Charles) Yu
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- B.S Electrical Engineering - Seoul National University, Korea - 1982
- M.S Electrical Engineering - Seoul National University, Korea - 1984
- Ph.D Computer Engineering - Pennsylvania State University - 1994
Classes Frequently Taught
- Wireless networks
- Sensor networks
- Mobile computing
- Parallel and distributed systems
Recent Publications (List of publications
- EEC 687/787 Mobile Computing
- EEC 685/785 Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems
- EEC 581 Computer Architecture
- EEC 485 High Performance Computer Architecture
- EEC 483 Computer Organization Course
- EEC 380 Digital Systems
- System Modeling and Performance Evaluation
- Parallel Programming
- K.-H. Jung, Y. Qi, C. Yu and Y.-J. Suh, Energy Efficient Wifi Tethering on a Smartphone, IEEE INFOCOM, Toronto, Canada, April 2014.
- S. Jeon, Y.-J. Suh, C. Yu, and D. Han, Fast and Accurate Wi-Fi Localization in Large-Scale Indoor Venues, 10th Intíl Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (Mobiquitous), Tokyo, Japan, December 2013.
- W. Wanalertlak, B. Lee, C. Yu, M. Kim, S-M. Park and W-T. Kim, Scanless Fast Handoff Technique Based on Global Path Cache for WLANs, Journal of Supercomputing, Vol. 66, Issue 3, December 2013, pp. 1320-1349.
- X. Li, C. Yu, M. Hizlan, W.-T. Kim, S. Park, Physical Layer Watermarking of Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum Signals, 2013 Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), San Diego, November 2013.
- T. B. Truong, Y.- J. Suh, C. Yu, Latency Analysis in GNU Radio/USRP-based Software Radio Platforms, 2013 Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), San Diego, November 2013.
- J. Lee, Y.- J. Suh, C. Yu, Evaluation of Enterprise WLAN Techniques, The 4th International Conference on Network of the Future (NoF), Pohang, Korea, October 2013.
- S. Bak, S. Jeon, Y.-J. Suh, C. Yu, D. Han, Characteristics of a Large-Scale WiFi Radiomap and Their Implications in Indoor Localization, The 4th International Conference on Network of the Future (NoF), Pohang, Korea, October 2013.
- J-Y. Lee, C. Yu, K. G. Shin, and Y-J. Suh, Maximizing Transmission Opportunities in Wireless Multihop Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 12, Issue 9, September 2013, pp. 1879-1892.
- T. Kang, X. Li, C. Yu, J. Kim, A Survey of Security Mechanisms with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum Signals, Journal of Computing Science and Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 3, September 2013.
- K.-H. Jung, Y.-J. Suh, and C. Yu, Joint Rate and Voltage Adaptation to Save Energy of Software Radios in Underutilized WLAN, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), April 2013.
- An Integrative Hands-on Approach to Security Education for Undergraduate Students, National Science Foundation, September 2013 ~ August 2015 (Collaborators: Sanchita Mal-Sarkar at CIS and Bhunia Swarup at CWRU)
- Acquisition of a 4G/LTE Wireless Communications Test Set, National Science Foundation, October 2013 ~ September 2016 (Collaborators: Ye Zhu and Fuqin Xiong at ECE, Haodong Wang at CIS, Miron Kaufman at Physics)
- Mobility and Security Support in Cyber Physical Systems, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, July 2010 ~ January 2015