Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- B.S Electrical Engineering - Tsinghua University - 1970
- M.S Electrical Engineering - Tsinghua University - 1982
- Ph.D Electrical Engineering - University of Manitoba - 1989
Classes Frequently Taught
- Digital Communications
- Efficient Modulation
- Coding Schemes
Recent Publications (List of publications
- EEC 651/751 Digital Communications
- Digital Modulation Techniques, 650 pages, Artech House, February 2000.
- Digital Phase Modulation and Demodulation, in Encyclopedia of Telecommunications, Editor, John Proakis, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York. December 2002.
- Amplitude Shift Keying in Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering, Editor, Kai Chang, Texas A&M University, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, New York (to be published)
- Song Cui, and Fuqin Xiong, "UWB System Based on Energy Detection of Derivatives of The Gaussian Pulse", Eurasip Journal on wireless Communications and networking, volume 2011, issue 1.
- Song Cui, and Fuqin Xiong, "Adaptive threshold to mitigate the effect of cross-modulation interference and synchronization errors in energy detection PPM UWB systems" accepted, IET Communications.
- Song Cui, and Fuqin Xiong, "Energy Detection UWB System Based on Pulse Width Modulation" in review, IET communications.
- F. Xiong and R. Romanofsky, "Study Of Behavior Of Digital Modulations For Beam-Steerable Reflectarray Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 3, March 2005.
- F. Xiong, "M-ary Amplitude Shift Keying OFDM system," IEEE Transaction on Communications, vol-51, No. 10, pp. 1638-1642, October, 2003.
- H. Wang, X. Qin, L. Zeng, and F. Xiong, "Coding, Decoding and Recovery of Clock Synchronization in Digital Multiplexing System," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 51, No. 5, pp.825 – 831, May 2003.
- A. Al-Dweik and F. Xiong, "FHMA Communication with Noncoherent OFDM-ASK in AWGN Channels," IEEE Transaction on Communications, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 33-36, January 2003.
- “Programmable, variable rate and multi-mode MODEM/CODEC at Ka Band for Advanced Communications Technology Satellite (Hardware design and implementation)”, NASA Lewis Research Center, Oct. 1, 1991- Jan. 31, 1994.
- “Modem/Codec techniques in satellite communications”, NASA Lewis Research Center, Aug. 26, 1991-Mar. 31, 1992.
- “Intersatellite Link Techniques”, NASA Lewis Research Center, Jun. 15, 1992-Mar. 31, 1993.
- “Power Efficient Reflectarray System Modulation Study”, NASA Glenn Research Center, Jan. 16-Sept. 21, 2001.
- “Synchronization Study in Mobile Aeronautical Communication Systems,” NASA Glenn Research Center, May 2001-May 2002.
- “Self-modulation Reflectarray”, NASA Glenn Research Center, Jan. 2004-Dec, 2005.