The objectives of the Civil Engineering program are consistent
with the mission statements and guiding principles of the college
and the university. The objectives are to produce graduates who
within 2 to 5 years after graduation:
1. Communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
2. Demonstrate progressive technical competency.
3. Acquire and maintain professional registration(s).
4. Participate and/or lead as an engineering team member.
5. Meet realistic project schedule deadlines and budget constraints consistently.
6. Continue professional growth through activities such as continuing education, graduate school, activities in professional societies and community involvement.
7. Make decisions that include ethical and societal considerations.
8. Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
Outcomes are statements that describe what students are expected to know and are able to do by the time of graduation. These outcomes should also support the achievement of the stated program objectives. These outcomes must embrace the ABET required a-k outcomes:
a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
b. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
c. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
d. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
e. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems.
f. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
g. An ability to communicate effectively the broad education necessary to understand the impact of civil and environmental engineering solutions in a global and social context.
h. Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
i. Knowledge of contemporary issues.
j. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil and environmental engineering practice.
The Bachelor of Civil Engineering program provides students with a solid background in structural, geotechnical, water resources, environmental, and transportation engineering. Program Specifications     Upper Division Honors Program     Upper Division Scholars Program
For more information about Accelerated Masters Program, please click here