Cleveland State University - Office of Civic Engagement's America Reads program has been placing tutors in libraries and elementary schools in the Greater Cleveland area since 1998. The program is part of a nationwide effort to improve the reading skills of elementary age children. This objective is achieved locally with funding support from the Cuyahoga County Public Libary and Cleveland Public Library systems and Cleveland State University students who are hired to tutor children on site at the libraries.
At numerous tutoring sites, particulary the after-school homework centers, tutors will also assist children in grades K-8th grade with math concepts and homework completion.
Applications must be submitted through CSU Career Connection. Click here to apply.
- Excellent starting wages at $8-$10 an hour
- Great way to meet other CSU students
- Gain valuable networking opportunities
- Develop skills to improve your resume and enrich your professional development
- Earn co-op experience on your college transcript
- Satisifaction in knowing you are making in a difference in a child's life
How to Apply
Students must submit applications via CSU Career Connection. Please be sure to submit complete applications including cover letters.
For instructions on how to use CSU Career Connection, view page 13 of the student employment handbook by clicking here.