Complete the Admission Process
Learn more about the transfer admission process and how to apply. Call the All-in-1 Office at 216.687.5411.
- Submit Application for Undergraduate Admission
- $30 application fee
- Send official copies of transcripts from all previously attended institutions, including high school
- If fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit are earned and high school diploma is less than five years old, submit ACT or SAT test scores
Transfer applicants must earn at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) at all previous colleges and universities combined in order to be admitted to Cleveland State University as a degree-seeking student.
Additional Admission Requirements for Specific Colleges
The College of Education and Human Services and Fenn College of Engineering have individual GPA and test score requirements for direct admission into their colleges that exceed the minimum admission requirements stated above.
College of Education, Human Services and School of Nursing
- 2.5 GPA
Fenn College of Engineering
- 2.2 GPA and
- Grade of C or better in course equivalent to Cleveland State's Math 181, 182; Chemistry 261, 266; Physics 241 or 243; and English 101, 102
- Note: For the Department of Engineering Technology the University minimum admission requirements apply
Additional Admission Requirements for the Department of Music
Music students must complete an additional application and complete an audition form. Students who have not completed a music theory course for college credit are also required to complete an oral and written placement exam. Contact the Department of Music.
Dates and Deadlines
For a comprehensive list of important dates and deadlines, please review our Academic Calendar.
Upper-division applicants must submit an application no later than February 28. Learn more about the program and how to apply.
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or renewal FAFSA to be considered for financial aid including loans at Cleveland State University. Please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin the financial aid process. If you have questions, contact the All-in-1 Office at 216.687.5411. Find out more about these and other available scholarship opportunities.
Transfer Orientation is designed to introduce you to all of Cleveland State's services and other new CSU students in a convenient afternoon program. It includes getting your Cleveland State ID card, a campus tour, and information on academics, parking, financial aid, tuition, career services, student life, and more. Learn more or contact 216.687.9379.