Applications are accepted throughout the year. As a transfer student, you are encouraged to apply for admission at least one semester in advance of the term for which you plan to begin your studies at Cleveland State. All students must be admitted to Cleveland State before receiving financial aid and scholarships and applying for campus housing. Review the admission requirements and application instructions prior to completing your printed or online application:
Follow these steps to apply for admission to Cleveland State:
Application for Undergraduate Admission
You may complete an application using one of the following methods:
- Download and print application (Adobe Acrobat Reader required to download application)
- Request an application to be sent to you by calling 216.687.5411
Include Application Fee
A nonrefundable $30 application fee is required by check or money order (made payable to Cleveland State University). Students submitting an application online may pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Obtain Official Transcripts
- Official college transcripts are required from every institution you have attended, regardless of your dates of attendance; you may download a college transcript request form.
- Transfer students with fewer than 12 transferable semester hours are required to submit official high school transcripts. Students may download a high school transcript request form.
- All transfer students are encouraged to send an official copy of their high school transcripts in order to provide documentation of meeting Cleveland State's foreign language requirement.
- Transfer students with fewer than 12 transferable semester hours who have completed the GED must submit an official score transcript from the state in which the diploma was earned.
Obtain Official ACT or SAT Test Results
Official ACT or SAT scores are required for admission to Cleveland State for transfer students who have fewer than 12 transferable semester hours and have been out of high school fewer than five years.
Scores appearing on your official high school transcript are acceptable. You can also request to have your test scores sent to Cleveland State directly from the testing agencies. Cleveland State's codes are:
Submit Materials and Application Fee
To apply for admission, submit materials — application, official transcripts (college and high school), and official ACT or SAT test results (if applicable) — along with the $30 application fee through one of three methods:
- By Mail:
Cleveland State University
Application Processing Center
Office of the University Registrar
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
- Office of Undergraduate Admissions Welcome Center, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Euclid Commons (EC), room 100, Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
The following forms are available for students to download and print: