The following information about products is made to help people get a quick start to using Disability Services Hardware and software. This information is not complete. If you wish to learn more about Assistive Technology products please consult the Assistive Technology Specialist, Jeffrey Dell 216-687-2015, or the user's guides in each program's help menu.
Here are a couple of tips to access help inside of some programs
- For help in JAWS press Insert + F1+F1 or for help while in specific programs press Insert + H. JAWS also has some DAISY tutorials under the Help menu.
- Dragon - In Dragon the command "What can I Say" will display commands that you can use to manipulate programs in that situation. The Dragon Naturally Speaking Help menu also has tutorials that will walk you through using Dragon commands for dictation and general computer access.
- Programs like Kurzweil 3000, Inspiration, and Read and Write Gold have excellent video tutorials usually made available in the help menu.
Quick Start Lab Guides
- LVI MagniLink Student
- PCMate and Clarity Capture
- Topaz XL 22 Desktop Video Magnifier
- Eclipse Portable Desktop Video Magnifier
- ZoomText 10
- OpenBook 9
- MAGic 12
- Read and Write Gold 11 Quick Reference (From Texthelp)
- Scanning a Document with Kurzweil 3000
Alternative Text Creation Directions
- Creating MP3's with WordTalk, Kurzweil, and Read and Write Gold
- Creating MathML Documents
- Creating Tactile Graphics