2017 Teacher Appreciation Day
Event date and time: 10:00 am--1:30 pm, Thursday, September 28th.
Event venue: Room 311, 313, 315, Student Center, Cleveland State University. 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio,44115. campusmap.pdf
I. Informational and activity booths : 10:00 am--12:00 pm at SC 311 hall way.
- Book Resources
- Confucius Classroom
- Chinese Club at Saint Joseph Academy
- Making Lanterns and Painting Masks,Virtual Tour of China
- Chinese Culture
- GALA Mandarin Immersion Program
- Chinese Learning in a Fun Way: Wheel of Fortune, Kahoot
- Beauty of Chinese Characters
- Introducing NCHS at Hudson High School
- Great Wall Enrichment Center Program Introduction
- Capital University of Economics and Business Program
II. Presentations : 10:00 am--1:15 pm at SC 311.
- Confucius Insitute Functions, Programs and Activity Grants
- Presenter: Dr. Yan Xu, Director, Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
- Presenter: Ms. Xuhong Zhang, Associate Director, Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
- Confucius Institute Chinese Bridge Summer Camp
- Presenter: Aaron Brown, participant and full schorlaship recipient of 2017 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp, National Inventors Hall of Fame® Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics High School, Akron, Ohio
- Presenter: Wan Yu, participant and full schorlaship recipient of 2017 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp, National Inventors Hall of Fame® Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics High School, Akron, Ohio
- Confucius Institute Art Performance Competition
- Presenter: Zijie Li, Project Coordinator, Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
- Strong Partnerships Make for Quality Mandarin Instruction
- Presenter: Dr. Ronald Abate, Associate Professor, College of Education and Human Services, Cleveland State University;Professor-in-Residence, Campus International School
- Deepen Understanding and Cooperate for Mutual Benefits
- Presenter: Prof. Zhichao Yin, Dean, School of Finance at Capital University of Economics and Business, Beijing, China
- Key note speech: “Celebrate Confucius, Honor Teachers, and Share Teaching Resources” teaching and learning of Chinese in Ohio: where we have been and where we are going.Mr. Ryan Wertz.pdf
- Speaker: Mr. Ryan Wertz, Lead Consultant for World Languages & International Education, Ohio Department of Education; recipient of the 2016 State Supervisor of the Year.
- Award ceremony
- Presenter: Dr. Anthony Yen, Chairman, Board of Trustees, Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
- Presenter: Dr. Jianping Zhu, Provost, Cleveland State University
- Self-Organized Learning Environments (SOLEs)
- Presenter: Erika Howard, Digital Learning Coordinator, MC2 STEM/StartSOLE
III. Teaching Demos and presentations : 10:00 am--11:15 am at SC 313 & 315.
- Chinese Language Learning: Easy-Breezy Calligraphy
- Presenter: Lifen Han, Experienced Instructor of K-12 and Adult Chinese Language and Culture; Curriculum Expert and Researcher; Program Manager and Chinese Proficiency Test Administration Trainer ; Volunteer Chinese Instructor in Dhaka, Bangladesh – Excellent Teacher Honors - Hanban, 2011
- Topic: Chinese Opera
- Presenter: Luling Li, Chinese Teacher at Shaker Heights High School
- Hey, presto, Chinese characters
- Presenter: Shunqin Li, Visiting Professor at Confucius Insitute, Cleveland State University
- A student's NSLI-Y (National Security Language Initiative for Youth) China Exchange Program experience
- Presenter: Shiying Jessica Chang, Chinese Teacher at Hudson High School
- Euclid High School Chinese Program
- Presenter: Hong Zenisek, Chinese Teacher at Euclid High School
THE 9TH ANNUAL TEACHER APPRECIATION DAY AND CONFUCIUS' BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Please see news coverage here: ECJ311-15.pdf
thE 8th annual tEACHER aPPRECIATION dAY AND cONFUCIUS' bIRTHDAY Celebration
On October 2nd, 2015, Cleveland State University’s Waetjen Auditorium was filled with over 850 local teachers, students, and educational leaders. Dr. Anthony Yen, President of the Confucius Institute Board of Trustees, and Dr. Jianping Zhu, Cleveland State’s interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, welcomed the attendees to the event. Four new Confucius Classrooms were unveiled, and the Confucius Institute honored outstanding students who had participated in programs to help increase their knowledge of Chinese culture.
Each teacher and school administrator received recognition for their achievements in promoting Chinese education. Students cheered as their schools were represented on stage. Later, it was the students turn to wow the audience. Each class had prepared a performance to show off what they had learned about China and their knowledge of the Chinese language. The groups sang, danced, and performed skits, which were truly the highlight of the event.
Students from Roxboro Middle School use shadow puppets to tell the story of the Chinese zodiac
Read more about the 2015 Teacher Appreciation Day & Confucius' Birthday Celebration
"克利夫兰州立大学孔子学院举办第八届教师感谢日暨孔子学院日活动" - 汉办新闻中心
Dr. Anthony Yen welcomes the audience
Celebrating the participants of the 2015 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp
Presentation of the Confucius Classroom Plaques