Chinese New Year Celebrations Enliven Cleveland This Saturday
Click here to take a sneak peek at the celebration!
Time: 2:00 pm--4:00 pm,followed by a reception.
Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018
Location: Main Classroom Auditorium, Cleveland State University, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115 CSU Campus Map.pdf
Admission fee: Advance ticket :$8; Ticket at door: $12. Unassigned seats, first come, first serve. Purchase tickets here.
- Free street parking on 18th, 21st and 22nd street, Chester avenue and Euclid avenue, marked in blue on campus map.CSU Campus Map.pdf
- Visitor paid parking in CSU lots: the two closer lots are Student Center Parking Lot 22 and Central Garage. See rates here.https://www.csuohio.edu/parking/general-information-visitor-parking-information
- Confucius Institute at Cleveland State Univesity
- Chinese American Faculty and Staff at Cleveland State University
- Westlake Chinese Culture Association
- Great Wall Enrichment Center
The annual Lunar New Year celebration is the Confucius Institute's largest event of the year. The Confucius Institute partners with local Chinese organizations and community leaders to plan the celebration, which draws in thousands of guests each year. The event includes performances of songs, dances, martial arts, and much more. The Confucius Institute is happy to bring this slice of Chinese culture to Cleveland, and celebrates the event's success year after year.Please join us in celebrating the coming of 2018. A reception will follow at 4:00 pm--5:00 pm.
Past Lunar New Year Events
"利夫兰州立大学孔子学院举办2015年春节文化庆典活动" - 汉办新闻中心
Additional Confucius Institute Lunar New Year Celebrations
“克利夫兰州立大学孔子学院'中国文化角'预热春节文化活动” - 汉办新闻中心
"Greeting New Year with Dumplings" - Hanban News
“饺子飘香，喜迎新春” - 汉办新闻中心