All scholarship candidates must complete the application. In addition to the application, candidates must present in each of the areas for which they apply. Applications must be submitted before an interview/audition/presentation is scheduled. All interviews/auditions/presentations will take place on April 27, 2013 from 1:00-6:00pm.
Applicants must perform two contrasting monologues totaling no more than 3 minutes.
Applicants must present a design concept, portfolio, technical project, or prompt book. Presentations must be no more than 8 minutes in length.
Applicants must present a directing concept for a specific play. Presentations must be no more than 8 minutes in length.
Applicants must submit a paper on any theatre subject, minimum three pages. This paper must be attached to the application form. The applicant must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply in this category. The applicant must also interview with the selection committee.
Additional Information for all scholarships
- Students may choose to compete in two categories.
- Incoming student applicants may compete in any of the above categories with the same requirements.
- Scholarships are available for the 2013-2014 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded for Fall 2013 with possible renewal for Spring 2014 based on an evaluation of overall work, grade point average, and commitment to the Theatre Program.
- Students on scholarship must be Theatre Majors.
- Students on scholarship must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits).
- Students on scholarship must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students on scholarship must work a minimum of 40 service hours in the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- The completed application must be received by 5:00pm Friday, April 12th, 2013. Mail applications to: CSU Department of Theatre and Dance, 2121 Euclid Ave, MB 203A, Cleveland, OH 44115, ATTN: Holly Holsinger.
- Scholarship awards will be announced at the Theatre Banquet on May 6th.
- Questions or requests for appointments may be directed to Holly Holsinger, 216-523-7420 or email@example.com.
Click here to download the scholarship application: PDF Word