All scholarship candidates must complete an application. In addition to the application, candidates will make a presentation in each of the areas for which they apply. Applications must be submitted before a presentation will be scheduled. All presentations will take place on Saturday, April 19, 2014 from 10:00am-4:00pm.
Applicants will perform two contrasting monologues totaling no more than 3 minutes.
Applicants must present a design concept, portfolio, technical project, or prompt book. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must present a directing concept for a specific play. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must submit a paper on any theatre subject, minimum three pages. This paper must be attached to the application form. The applicant must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply in this category. The applicant must also interview with the selection committee on April 19th.
Additional Information for all scholarships
- Students may choose to compete in up to two categories.
- Incoming students may compete in any of the above categories with the same requirements.
- Scholarships are available for the 2014-2015 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded for Fall 2014 with possible renewal for Spring 2015 based on an evaluation of overall work, grade point average, and commitment to the Theatre Program.
- Students applying for scholarship must be declared Theatre Majors.
- Students on scholarship must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits).
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA for the semester(s) for which they are on scholarship.
- Students on scholarship must work a minimum of 40 service hours in the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- The completed application must be received by 5:00pm Friday, April 4th, 2014. Mail applications to: CSU Department of Theatre and Dance, 2121 Euclid Ave, MB 203A, Cleveland, OH 44115, ATTN: Holly Holsinger, or email to email@example.com.
- Scholarship awards will be announced at the Theatre Banquet on May 5th.
- Questions or requests for appointments may be directed to Holly Holsinger, 216-523-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the PDF scholarship application.