AUDITIONS: THE DYBBUK (Runs November 6 – 16)
Room MB 521
Tuesday, September 2
Wednesday, September 3
Callbacks (if needed) Thursday, September 4
*Appointment slots begin at 6:00pm both evenings*
This is a romantic horror play about a young man who returns from the dead to possess the body of his promised bride. Demons, ghosts, and exorcisms abound… and there’s singing and dancing, too!!! This is a great opportunity to audition for some “character” roles that you might not normally consider. All ethnicities will be considered for all roles.
Please prepare a one minute, non-classical monologue, preferably memorized. Sign up for the earliest available slot so that there are not gaps is the audition schedule. PERUSAL COPIES OF THE SCRIPT ARE AVAILABLE IN THE THEATRE & DANCE MAIN OFFICE (MB 263).
CAST OF CHARACTERS
- MESSENGER: (40-60) Powerful and mysterious stranger who may or may not be human.
- MOTLE, PINYE, SHIMON (any ages) Lazy beggars with sarcastic mouths and empty stomachs.
- CHANON (early 20s) Obsessive young scholar of the forbidden Kabbalah. Should be able to sing.
- HENAK (20s) Friend and fellow student with Chanon).
- MEYER (40-60) The caretaker of the synagogue.
- HANNA-ESTHER An elderly woman with a sick granddaughter.
- LEAH (late teens/early 20s) Loving and obedient daughter, promised to Chanon
- FRADE (60-70) Leah’s aunt. Blunt exterior but gentle and loving.
- GITTLE (20s) Leah’s friend, easily distracted.
- RAZLE, BATYE, RIFKE, YAHNE (various ages) Beggar women, harsh and insolent from their poverty.
- ASHER (any age) Sender’s head servant.
- SENDER (40-60) Leah’s father, a wealthy merchant with a secret.
- BASIA (20s) Leah’s friend.
- NACHMAN (40-60) The bridegroom’s father, a businessman.
- RABBI MENDEL (50s) With the bridegroom’s party, tutor to Menashe
- MENASHE (teens/20s) Somewhat unwilling bridegroom in arranged wedding, afraid of the unknown.
- RABBI AZRIELKE (70-80) The Rabbi of Miropol, a maker of miracles, but old and tired.
- RABBI SHIMSHON (any age) Efficient, until possessed by the ghost of Chanon’s father.
Please prepare a one minute, non-classical monologue, preferably memorized. Sign up for the earliest available slot so that there are not gaps is the audition schedule.
PERUSAL COPIES OF THE SCRIPT ARE AVAILABLE IN THE THEATRE OFFICE (MB 263)
TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please email Kate Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org with your FULL NAME, CSU ID, phone number and preferred date. Emails lacking the required info may cause a delay in your appointment scheduling. Auditions will be assigned as earliest time slots first, moving into the evening. You may also call 216-687-2113.
ALL AUDITIONS DATES FOR CSU Theatre and Dance 2014-2015 Season
9/2/2014 Tuesday DYBBUK Auditions by aptmt
9/3/2014 Wednesday DYBBUK Auditions by aptmt
9/4/2014 Thursday DYBBUK Callbacks by invite
12/1/2014 Monday ANGELS IN AMERICA/ MASUPIAL GIRL - COMBINED
12/2/2014 Tuesday ANGELS IN AMERICA/MASUPIAL GIRL - COMBINED
12/3/2014 Wednesday ANGELS IN AMERICA/MASUPIAL GIRL CALLBACKS