Cleveland State University Theatre Scholarship Guidelines
All scholarship candidates must complete an application. In addition to the application, candidates must make a presentation in the area for which they apply. Applications must be submitted before a presentation will be scheduled. Scholarship applications are due Friday, March 6th. All presentations will take place on Saturday, March 21st from 10:00am-3:00pm.
Applicants will perform two contrasting monologues totaling no more than 3 minutes.
Applicants must present a design concept, portfolio, technical project, or prompt book. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must present a directing concept for a specific play. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must submit a paper on any theatre subject, minimum three pages, with the application. The applicant must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply in this category. The applicant must also interview with the selection committee on March 21st.
Additional Requirements for all scholarships
- Students may compete in one category only.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 to apply. Spring semester GPA’s will be checked before a scholarship is awarded.
- Scholarships are available for the 2015-2016 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded for Fall 2015 with possible renewal for Spring 2016 based on an evaluation of overall work, grade point average, and commitment to the Theatre Program.
- Students applying for scholarship must be declared Theatre Majors.
- Students on scholarship must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits).
- Students on scholarship must maintain a minimum 3.0 overall GPA or semester GPA (whichever is higher).
- Freshman and transfer students may apply in any of the above categories with the same requirements.
- Students on scholarship must work a minimum of 40 service hours in the Department of Theatre and Dance.
- The completed application must be received by 5:00pm Friday, March 6th, 2015. Mail applications to: CSU Department of Theatre and Dance, 2121 Euclid Ave, MB 263, Cleveland, OH 44115, ATTN: Holly Holsinger. Scholarship awards will be announced at the Theatre Banquet on May 4th.
- Freshman and transfers who are awarded a scholarship will be notified by email on May 5, 2015.
- Questions or requests for appointments may be directed to Holly Holsinger, 216-523-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.