Scholarship opportunities are available in both Theatre and in Dance. These scholarships recognize exceptional talent and achievement within the department. Scroll down for guidelines.
Purpose and Criteria for Dance Company Scholarships
Dance Scholarships serve a variety of important purposes. All of these equally important goals will be considered in awarding the scholarships:
- A GPA of 2.75 or higher is required, recognizing the importance of scholastic achievement in the growth and development of the well-rounded, maturing dancer.
- Recognizing potential in the development of the adult dancer who intends to pursue the fulfillment of a dance minor and/or achieve the experience necessary for Dance Company apprenticeship or membership.
- The recognition of talent and the desire to pursue dance seriously and consistently with a respect for the process as well as the product. Dance scholarship students are expected to regularly attend all their dance classes, rehearsals, and academic courses.
- The smooth running of the work that is necessary to produce a successful season in all its various aspects. All scholarship students will be expected to take responsibility for a significant piece of the work for the company and are expected to fulfill all responsibilities of their scholarship including production, additional rehearsal times outside of regular class time, and performance assignments.
For more information on Dance Scholarships and the Dance program, please contact Lynn Deering, Department Chair, at email@example.com / 216-687-4883.
Cleveland State University Theatre Scholarship Guidelines
All scholarship candidates must complete an application. In addition to the application, candidates must make a presentation in the area for which they apply. Applications must be submitted before a presentation will be scheduled. The process takes place in MARCH/APRIL of each academic year.
2018-2019 THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION:
BASIC THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP INFO:
Applicants will perform one monologue totaling no more than 2 minutes.
Applicants must present a design concept, portfolio, technical project, or prompt book. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must present a directing concept for a specific play. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must submit a paper on any theatre subject, minimum three pages, with the application. The applicant must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply in this category.
- Reuben & Dorothy Silver Endowed Scholarship in Theatre
- Jean Smith Conrad Memorial Scholarship in Theatre
- The Tony Weinert Theatre Scholarship Fund
- The Cutietta Scholarship
- Saving Our Cinderellas IIiss Marie Benjamin Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- W. Benoy Joseph Endowed Scholarship for Music and Theatre
Questions or requests for appointments may be directed to Holly Holsinger, 216-523-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.