Scholarship opportunities are available in both Theatre and in Dance. These scholarships recognize exceptional talent and achievement within the department. Scroll down for guidelines.
CSU Dance Company/Scholarship Audition
Friday, April 27, 2018 - 5-7 pm
CSU Arts Campus (Middough Building)
1901 E. 13th Street, 5th Floor Dance Studios
Purpose and Criteria for Dance Company Scholarships
Dance Scholarships serve a variety of important purposes. All of these equally important goals will be considered in awarding the scholarships:
- A GPA of 2.75 or higher is required, recognizing the importance of scholastic achievement in the growth and development of the well-rounded, maturing dancer.
- Recognizing potential in the development of the adult dancer who intends to pursue the fulfillment of a dance minor and/or achieve the experience necessary for Dance Company apprenticeship or membership.
- The recognition of talent and the desire to pursue dance seriously and consistently with a respect for the process as well as the product. Dance scholarship students are expected to regularly attend all their dance classes, rehearsals, and academic courses.
- The smooth running of the work that is necessary to produce a successful season in all its various aspects. All scholarship students will be expected to take responsibility for a significant piece of the work for the company and are expected to fulfill all responsibilities of their scholarship including production, additional rehearsal times outside of regular class time, and performance assignments.
For an overview of our CSU Dance Company and our Viking Dance Team, CLICK HERE.
For more information on Dance Scholarships and the Dance program, please contact Lynn Deering, Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org / 216-687-4883.
Cleveland State University Theatre Scholarship Guidelines
All scholarship candidates must complete an application. In addition to the application, candidates must make a presentation in the area for which they apply. Applications must be submitted before a presentation will be scheduled.
The deadline has passed to apply for the 2018-2019 academic year. Applications were due on Monday, April 2nd, 2018. If you've already submitted and application, you will be contacted via email for an audition/interview. All appointments will take place Saturday, April 21st between 10am-3pm.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2018-2019 THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
BASIC THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP INFO:
Applicants will perform one monologue totaling no more than 2 minutes.
Applicants must present a design concept, portfolio, technical project, or prompt book. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must present a directing concept for a specific play. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must submit a paper on any theatre subject, minimum three pages, with the application. The applicant must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply in this category.
- Reuben & Dorothy Silver Endowed Scholarship in Theatre - Awarded on an annual basis to eligible Theatre majors and minors upon consultation with and recommendation by the faculty of the Department of Theatre and Dance. Students become eligible for the award after having been a Theatre major or minor for at least two semesters. They must also have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
and have compiled a record of outstanding service to the department. The scholarship amount is variable.
- Jean Smith Conrad Memorial Scholarship in Theatre - $1,000.00. Scholarship Requirements: Enrolled as an undergraduate while the scholarship is utilized. Rising junior or senior with at least one full year remaining of education. Awarded in the spring semester for the following full year. Strong creative/professional potential. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Financial need may be considered, but is not required.
- The Tony Weinert Theatre Scholarship Fund - $2,500.00. Applicants must be enrolled full-time at Cleveland State University, shall be rising Junior or Senior status students, and shall have declared a Theatre major. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5. Applicants shall demonstrate interest, ability, or talent in acting or directing as determined by department faculty; Applicants shall demonstrate financial need. Preference shall be given to applicants that are graduates of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or Lakewood School District.
- The Cutietta Scholarship - $1,000.00. Recipients must be enrolled at Cleveland State University as full-time undergraduate students in good standing, pursuing a degree in the Performing Arts; The scholarship is intended for rising junior or senior-status students;
Scholarship recipients must demonstrate financial need; Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate strong creative or professional potential in the opinion of the faculty. This scholarship is available for theatre students in fall of odd years. Next available for Theatre in Fall 2019.
- Saving Our Cinderellas IIiss Marie Benjamin Memorial Endowed Scholarship - $1,000.00. Applicants must be a rising Junior or Senior-level student pursuing a Theatre degree; Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; and Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- W. Benoy Joseph Endowed Scholarship for Music and Theatre - $1,200.00. This scholarship will be awarded in the fall semester to a senior. The scholarship will alternate between Theatre (even years) and Music (odd years). The Scholarship will be given during the fall semester to a recipient who represents the following: Undergraduate senior majoring in music or theatre within two semesters of graduation. Has demonstrated financial need. Has a minimum 2.5 GPA. Strong preference for a student pursuing a career interest in the marketing or management of the Arts. Next available for Theatre in Fall 2020.
Questions or requests for appointments may be directed to Holly Holsinger, 216-523-7420 or email@example.com.