1. How and when will I receive credit hours as a successful participant?
The Continuing Education (CE) Program at The School of Social Work at Cleveland State University (CSU) is an approved provider for social workers (LSWs and LISWs).
Participants will receive a certificate granting continuing education units (CEUs) for the workshop at the end of the session upon completion of an evaluation sheet.
Attendance for the full session is expected. There are no partial hours granted. Participants may receive continuing education credits only for hours of actual attendance.
Tuition must be paid in full before the certificate can be issued.
2. Will these CEUs count toward my license in another state?
Please contact your state licensing organization for help in making that determination.
3. If a workshop is cancelled, when will I be notified?
The School we will wait to give everyone who is interested a chance to register. If there are not enough attendees to conduct the seminar, we will contact you via email as quickly as possible.
Where an emergency has arisen with an instructor and a seminar has to be cancelled, we will contact you by phone and/or e-mail (if possible given timeframe) as soon as we are aware of the situation.
A workshop may also be cancelled as a result of an extreme set of circumstances such as inclement weather.
Please check email or voicemail prior the day of your workshop to make sure we have not contacted you. We will offer you a full refund, or the opportunity to transfer into another seminar.
4. What is your cancellation policy?
Participants who cancel their registrations at least one week (five business days) before the start of the session can receive a credit or refund minus a $25.00 processing fee, if they cancel less than five days in advance of the workshop.
The School reserves the right to cancel any workshop, in which case participants will receive a full credit or refund.
5. Can I register for the workshop and pay later?
Your registration will not be considered complete until payment is received.
The School strongly recommends that you register in advance and send payment with your registration. Otherwise, you will pay a $5 late fee if you register on-site (at the door).
6. How will I know that you received my registration?
You will receive confirmation of your registration via email.
7. Where are your workshops offered?
All workshops will be offered on CSU campuses. The location of the seminar(s) you register for will be noted on your confirmation email.
The location of the workshop is also identified on the continuing education workshop schedule.
8. Do you offer discounts toward workshop fees?
The School offers a $20 discount for CSU School of Social Work BSW and MSW Alumni, and those students currently enrolled in the BSW and/or MSW Program provided they register 14 days in advance of the workshop.
9. Where do I park my car? Where do I get meals on Campus?
- Parking is available on campus at CSU. There are private parking facilities nearby campus.
- For your convenience, the School of Social Work suggests the following locations for visitor parking for continuing education workshops; click here for more information.
- For further information, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at 216-687-2023 or email@example.com . Click here to visit their website.
- Refreshments will be provided in the morning and afternoon during the workshop. Lunch is on your own.
- Click here to go to CSU’s site for dining locations on campus.
- Don't know where you're going on campus. Click here to download a PDF of CSU's campus.
10. How often is the Social Work Licensure Review Workshop offered?
The School will offer a Social Work Licensure Workshop on throughout the academic year.
11. How will you communicate with the public regarding continuing education workshops?
Initially, most communication from the School’s Continuing Education Division will be done electronically, via email and web. The School will prepare flyers on special occasions, and/or brochures sometime in the future.
Continuing education workshop information is also available on the School of Social Work Facebook page. This page is frequently updated and includes information on upcoming events and presenters.
Click here to visit the Cleveland State University School of Social Work Facebook page.
12. How can I provide input to topical areas for social work continuing education?
The School welcomes your input and ideas. You can provide input by participating in our Continuing Education Survey Needs Assessment . The School’s Continuing Education Division has a CE Committee consisting of a diverse group of faculty and social work professionals. These individuals have met monthly and have been intricately involved in the initial design and development of the School’s continuing education program. The expectation is to develop workshops based on meeting the professional community needs.
You can also provide feedback by messaging the Cleveland State University School of Social Work Facebook page.
13. How can I get added to your mailing list?
If you are interested in being added to our mailing list, please e-mail the Cleveland State University School of Social Work at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will add your name to the appropriate list.
14. How do I register?
To register online please click here.
Please address your registration questions to Flo Roberts at 216-687-4560 or email@example.com.
15. How can I become a workshop presenter?
Anyone interested in becoming a workshop presenter must complete an application, and submit the application to the School’s Continuing Education Committee Chair. George Tsagaris can be contacted at 216-523-7474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Decisions are subject to Committee review and approval, including a review of the potential presenter’s qualifications and expertise in the proposed topical area, a possible meeting with committee members, and based on need as determined in the results of a Continuing Education Survey Needs Assessment completed by social workers in the professional community, and scheduling availability.
16. If I have other questions what do I do?
Please send us an e-mail and/or contact the Continuing Education Coordinator, Dr. George S. Tsagaris at 216-523-7474 or preferably via e-mail at email@example.com.