Applied Faculty, Electric Bass - Pop & Rock and Jazz
Born in Cleveland, Ohio and raised in the suburb of Willoughby, Alfredo was convinced to pick up the electric bass at his best friend’s insistence. Alfredo earned a Bachelor Degree from the Berklee College of Music in Boston, and At the Musician’s Institute in Los Angeles, in Bass Performance. He received his Master of Music in Jazz Performance/Acoustic Bass from Cleveland State University. His teachers have included: Oscar Stagnaro, Anthony Vitti, Bruce Gertz, Glenn Holmes, Christopher Maloney, Brian Allen, Alexis Sklarevski, Mike Mennell, Oneida James, and Putter Smith.
While at Berklee, he was awarded the World Scholarship Tour, awarded by the Berklee College of Music to the most promising young talent around the globe and the Berklee Achievement Scholarship and the Henry Grossman Scholarship for Music Business.
Alfredo maintains an active performance schedule as a freelance electric and double bassist in the Cleveland and has worked with the following array of artists:
- International Drummer Bill Ransom (Beth Hart, Gerald Levert)
- Guitarist Tony Pullizzi (American Idol, Natalie Cole, Gladys Knight)
- Drummer Chad Szeliga (Breaking Benjamin, Black Label Society)
- Vocalist Mary Bridget Davies (Tony award nominee, “A Night with Janis Joplin”)
- Vocalist Heather Headley (Tony award and Grammy award winner)
- Windridge Records Country Artist Levi Riggs
- Heads Up Recording Artist Joe McBride
- Fusion Group Audible Distraction
- Jazz Guitarist Dan Wilson (Joey DeFrancesco, Christian McBride)
- Smooth Jazz Artist Keith McKelley (Usher)
- Leta Records Recording Artist The Speedbumps
- Cleveland Scene Magazine Singer of the Year Brent Kirby
- Musicals: The Color Purple, Oklahoma, Once on This Island
- Sombrero Brother’s Production of Nightmare Before Christmas
- Cleveland Playhouse Productions of Five Guys Named Moe and Freaky Friday at the Allen Theater
Currently Alfredo is on the faulty of: Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH (adjunct faculty, Electric Bass and Upright Bass); The Music Settlement in Cleveland, OH (Saturday J@MS Program Coordinator, Centennial Strings Conductor, Rock and Blues Academy Coordinator, Private Instructor of guitar, piano, electric and double bass); Montessori High School University Circle (Rock and Blues Academy, IB Music thru the Music Settlement); Fine Arts Association in Willoughby, OH (guitar, electric and double bass, piano)
Alfredo is a proud endorsee of SIT Strings.