|English, B.A. [brochure]|
|American Studies Minor [brochure]|
|English Minor [brochure]|
What can I do with a major in English?
Your degree in English from Cleveland State University will serve you well when you graduate. Not only is English a solid foundation for professional programs such as law school, MBA programs, and master’s programs in Education, but English majors gain the skills that 93% of employers want in their job candidates: critical thinking, oral and written communication, and complex problem solving skills 1.
When you major or minor in English at Cleveland State University, you will hone skills that employers consistently want in college graduates: critical thinking and analysis, written and oral communication, creative problem solving, and research proficiency. As an English major at Cleveland State, you will benefit from small classes taught by our outstanding faculty, who will guide you through our programs and degree tracks that include concentrations in Literature, Creative Writing, Honors and Secondary Teaching.
To access the Catalog, Course Information and Program Sheets
Please follow these instructions.
- Go to the Undergraduate Catalog by clicking here.
- Then, go to the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. You'll find the college in the green nav bar on the left hand side.
- Once you are on the CLASS page scroll down till you find your major/minor then click on the link.
- To Print the Program Sheet, click on the Print Degree Planner which is the first of the 5 icons on the upper right side of the page.
- To Access Course descriptions will be located on the green nav bar on the left hand side. From there you will be able to find course information.
If you need more information on how to view program sheets click here.