Department currently has seven permanent faculty members, having
research and teaching interests that span a broad range of areas within
micro- and macroeconomics. Special strengths in research are in
the areas of Labor Economics, International Economics, Macroeconomics,
Growth and Development, Health Economics, Environmental and Energy
Economics, Applied Game Theory, Econometrics, Public Finance, Urban
Economics, Economics of Science, Industrial Organization, Organization
Theory, and Computational Economics.,
Recent Faculty Publications
- Henry, Matthew, "The Market Effects of Patent Litigation," forthcoming in Technology and Investment.
- Stein, Sheldon, "Nominal and Real Income in a Real Dollar Store," forthcoming in Journal for Economic Educators.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Competition Policy," forthcoming in The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, edited by David J. Teece and Mie Augier, MacMillan.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Review of Game Theory: A Nontechnical Introduction to the Analysis of Strategy by Roger A. McCain," forthcoming in Eastern Economic Journal.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "The Effect of Exercise on Earnings: Evidence from the NLSY," forthcoming in Journal of Labor Research.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "Job Satisfaction and Promotions,"Industrial Relations, 50 (2011), 174-194.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "High School Clubs Participation and Future Supervisory Status," British Journal of Industrial Relations, 49 (2011), s181-s206.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Emergent Social Learning Networks in Organizations with Heterogeneous Agents," Advances in Complex Systems, 14 (2011), 169-199.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Entry, Exit, and the Endogenous Market Structure in Technologically Turbulent Industries," Eastern Economic Journal, 37 (2011), 51-84 (Symposium issue on Agent-Based Computational Economics).
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Agent-Based Modeling and Computational Experiments in Industrial Organization: Growing Firms and Industries in silico," Eastern Economic Journal, 37 (2011), 28-34 (Symposium issue on Agent-Based Computational Economics).
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "Employment Disruptions and Supervisors," Industrial Relations, 49 (2010), 116-141.
- Saha, Subhra, "Private Tutoring, School Education, and Government Policy," (with Bibhas Saha), Review of Market Integration, 1 (2009), 375-408.
Myong-Hun, "Modelling the Birth and Death of Cartels with an
Application to Evaluating Competition Policy," (with Joseph E.
Harrington, Jr.), Journal of the European Economic Association, 7 (2009), 1400-1435.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Industry Dynamics with Knowledge-Based Competition: A Computational Study of Entry and Exit Patterns," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, 4 (2009), 73-114.
- Henry, Matthew D., "Patent Damages and Spatial Competition," (with John L. Turner), Journal of Industrial Economics, 58 (2010), 279-305.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "The Impact of Job Displacement on Employer Based Health Insurance Coverage," (with Francesco Renna), Journal of Labor Research, 30 (2009), 317-327.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "Job Level Changes and Wage Growth," International Journal of Manpower, 30 (2009), 269-284.
- Chia, Yee Fei, "Maternal Labour Supply and Childhood Obesity in Canada: Evidence from the NLSCY," Canadian Journal of Economics, 41 (2008), 217-242.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "Trade Protection and Capital Imports in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector," World Development, 36 (2008), 2822-2837.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "Manufacturing Wages and Low-Wage Country Imports: Evidence from the NLSY," Economica, 75 (2008), 259-279.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, "Foreign Direct Investment and Productivity Spillovers: A Quantile Analysis," International Economic Journal, 22 (2008), 25-41.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Decentralization," in Stewart Clegg and James R. Bailey (Eds.), International Encyclopedia of Organization Studies, Volume 1 (2007), Sage Publications, 359-362.
Chang, Myong-Hun, "Innovators, Imitators, and the Evolving Architecture
of Problem-Solving Networks," (with Joseph E. Harrington, Jr.) Organization Science, 18 (2007), 648-666.
- Stein, Sheldon, "A Beginners Guide to the Solow Model," Journal of Economic Education, 38 (2007), 187-193.
Myong-Hun, "Agent-Based Models of Organizations," (with Joseph E.
Harrington, Jr.) in: Tesfatsion, Leigh and Kenneth L. Judd, eds.,
Handbook of Computational Economics II: Agent-Based Computational Economics, North Holland (2006)
- Harford, Jon, "Congestion, Pollution, and Benefit-to-Cost Ratios of US Public Transit Systems," forthcoming in Transportation Research Part D.
- Kosteas, Vasilios, Entries in the Encyclopedia of World Poverty, Mehmet Odekon (Ed.), Sage Publications, 2006:
- "Free Trade Agreement of the Americas"
- "Minimum Wage"
- "World Trade Organization"
- Stewart, Douglas, "An Economic Theory of Patient Decision-Making," forthcoming in Journal of Bioethical Inquiry.
- Chang, Myong-Hun, "Discovery and Diffusion of Knowledge in an Endogenous Social Networks," (with Joseph E. Harrington, Jr.) American Journal of Sociology, 110 (2005), 937-976.
Myong-Hun, "Co-Evolution of Firms and Consumers and the Implications
for Market Dominance," (with Joseph E. Harrington, Jr.) Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 29 (2005), 245-276.
- Stein, Sheldon and Vijay Mathur, "Do Amenities Matter for Attracting Knowledge Workers for Regional Economic Development," Papers in Regional Science, Volume 84, No. 2 (2005), 251-269.
- Stein, Sheldon, "Sums and Products of Jointly Distributed Random Variables: A Simplified Approach," Journal of Statistics Education, Volume 13, No. 3 (2005).
Myong-Hun, "Organization of Innovation in a Multi-Unit Firm:
Coordinating Adaptive Search on Multiple Rugged Landscapes," (with
Joseph E. Harrington, Jr.) in William Barnett, Christophe Deissenberg,
and Gustav Feichtinger, editors, Economic Complexity: Non-linear Dynamics, Multi-agent Economies, and Learning, International Symposia on Economic Theory and Econometrics, Volume 14 (2004), Elsevier, Amsterdam, 189-214.
- Bell, Edward and Allan Taub, "Adult Consumption Ratios: An Alternative Approach," Journal of Forensic Economics, July 2003.
Myong-Hun, "Multi-Market Competition, Consumer Search, and the
Organizational Structure of Multi-Unit Firms," (with Joseph E.
Harrington, Jr.) Management Science, 49 (2003), 541-552